5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show your truck house! "GARAGE "

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally decided to clean out the garage to fit my truck. The threat of "possible lime-sized hail" in this evening's forecast was a heck of a motivator!

I still have cleaning and organizing to do, but he fits and the door closes. And can I just say "thank you, back-up camera"? 😜
Good move!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finally decided to clean out the garage to fit my truck. The threat of "possible lime-sized hail" in this evening's forecast was a heck of a motivator!

I still have cleaning and organizing to do, but he fits and the door closes. And can I just say "thank you, back-up camera"? 😜
Umm... that's not cleaning out, that's rearranging. 🤣 A couple of trips to the dump should free up some more space. 😉

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Nice Mustang! I used to have an almost identical color 67 Hardtop 200 6. I had to weld in new torque boxes, floor pans and cowl hats, which was the biggest PITA. Yours looks like a 68?
Thank you yes it is a 68 289, I did a total resto on it 30 years ago.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Nice Mustang! I used to have an almost identical color 67 Hardtop 200 6. I had to weld in new torque boxes, floor pans and cowl hats, which was the biggest PITA. Yours looks like a 68?
I had to do the cowl pans also yes total pita.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you yes it is a 68 289, I did a total resto on it 30 years ago.
Sweet! I did a partial on that hardtop, then I sold it and did a full driver's on a 67 convertible 289 toploader 4speed that I built from boxes. About 25 years ago. Bought it from this guy that completely disassembled it to do a ground up resto, got the frame done and lost interest. It sat on blocks for 10 years then I bought it for 2 grand. Every bit of wiring was stripped out of it and in big boxes like spaghetti. The guy disassembled the engine and entire car and threw every nut, bolt and screw in one 5 gallon bucket with no labels! The only things not taken apart was the rear axle and the toploader and the convertible top frame, which he left on for some reason. I got boxes of new stuff he had bought for it that had never been opened. It took me about a week to identify all the fasteners; I bought a Ford book of fasteners and an exploded parts manual and dumped the whole bucket on a tarp in my garage and just started IDing and bagging everything - 16 head bolts, 12 valve cover bolts, etc. We had to rig the control arms up in order to winch it onto a flatbed, and the tow guy drove it 100 miles to my house and had to dump it off backwards into my garage.

I wish I had kept it, but I made a bunch of money off it and needed to buy a replacement car after my daughter wrecked one of ours.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Sweet! I did a partial on that hardtop, then I sold it and did a full driver's on a 67 convertible 289 toploader 4speed that I built from boxes. About 25 years ago. Bought it from this guy that completely disassembled it to do a ground up resto, got the frame done and lost interest. It sat on blocks for 10 years then I bought it for 2 grand. Every bit of wiring was stripped out of it and in big boxes like spaghetti. The guy disassembled the engine and entire car and threw every nut, bolt and screw in one 5 gallon bucket with no labels! The only things not taken apart was the rear axle and the toploader and the convertible top frame, which he left on for some reason. I got boxes of new stuff he had bought for it that had never been opened. It took me about a week to identify all the fasteners; I bought a Ford book of fasteners and an exploded parts manual and dumped the whole bucket on a tarp in my garage and just started IDing and bagging everything - 16 head bolts, 12 valve cover bolts, etc. We had to rig the control arms up in order to winch it onto a flatbed, and the tow guy drove it 100 miles to my house and had to dump it off backwards into my garage.

I wish I had kept it, but I made a bunch of money off it and needed to buy a replacement car after my daughter wrecked one of ours.
I know about daughters wrecking cars lol, 30 years ago I did the same to my mustang like you describe what the guy did to the one you had but I bagged and tagged everything. Took me 3 years to get it all back together. You cant really see the ghost flame job in the pic, it’s had that paint on it now for about 27 years obviously it hasn’t seen a wet road in 3 decades. I’ve thought about selling it in the past but can’t bring myself to do it. My 18 y/o daughter and 16 y/o son are both laying claim to it now so I guess I will pass it on to them one day. Thank you for sharing your mustang story with me!!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know about daughters wrecking cars lol, 30 years ago I did the same to my mustang like you describe what the guy did to the one you had but I bagged and tagged everything. Took me 3 years to get it all back together. You cant really see the ghost flame job in the pic, it’s had that paint on it now for about 27 years obviously it hasn’t seen a wet road in 3 decades. I’ve thought about selling it in the past but can’t bring myself to do it. My 18 y/o daughter and 16 y/o son are both laying claim to it now so I guess I will pass it on to them one day. Thank you for sharing your mustang story with me!!
67MustangConvert.jpg
67MustangHardtop.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
How did this thread "devolve" into a Mustang thread? :p

Okay, maybe I'm just jealous because I've never owned one.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did this thread "devolve" into a Mustang thread? :p

Okay, maybe I'm just jealous because I've never owned one.
A classic car is one of those things everyone who likes to drive should own at least once in your life. You get to appreciate the artisanship that went into car design, but at the same time you realize how much better vehicles have become. Both of my mustangs were manual steering, 4 wheel manual drum brakes, mechanical clutch on the 289, no ac, no power anything. Fun to cruise in, and easy to work on, but nowhere near as reliable, safe or comfortable as today's vehicles. My 289 was my daily driver for almost 3 years; I used to keep spare motorcraft 2100 carbs on my garage shelf for when the power valves would blow 🤣

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
A classic car is one of those things everyone who likes to drive should own at least once in your life. You get to appreciate the artisanship that went into car design, but at the same time you realize how much better vehicles have become. Both of my mustangs were manual steering, 4 wheel manual drum brakes, mechanical clutch on the 289, no ac, no power anything. Fun to cruise in, and easy to work on, but nowhere near as reliable, safe or comfortable as today's vehicles. My 289 was my daily driver for almost 3 years; I used to keep spare motorcraft 2100 carbs on my garage shelf for when the power valves would blow 🤣
I completely agree. Never said I haven't owned a classic car. I just haven't owned a classic Mustang. :cool: I was a die hard Chevy guy until fairly recently.

Gipraw

Reaction score

lol. I used to drive around in my ‘62 F100 with a spare Holley one barrel carb and a spare fuel pump behind the seat. I could change the fuel pump in less than 10 minutes in the dark.

BNeal

Reaction score
We just built, and these new garages are really narrow. I had to sacrifice a bedroom and extend the garage depth on one side in order to get tools, bench, Harley, and 2- vehicles in. It's tight, but they're garaged! Here is a pic right before we moved in, and then now.

1647437441851.png

1647437377036.png

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We just built, and these new garages are really narrow. I had to sacrifice a bedroom and extend the garage depth on one side in order to get tools, bench, Harley, and 2- vehicles in. It's tight, but they're garaged! Here is a pic right before we moved in, and then now.

View attachment 123389

View attachment 123388
I told the Mrs. we can build a new house when the kids go away to college, when we won't need so much house. I'm thinking 1,000 feet of house and 5,000 feet of garage :LOL:

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 123389

View attachment 123388
Tight is alright with me! hehe That what he said! 😂 looks good to me, and better than not having the option!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I completely agree. Never said I haven't owned a classic car. I just haven't owned a classic Mustang. :cool: I was a die hard Chevy guy until fairly recently.
I didn't mean you specifically, I was just speaking out loud :D My favorite classic car of all time is a Chevrolet. 1967 Corvette Stingray convertible 427.

Users who are viewing this thread