5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shout out to Craig

PaGregSS

Reaction score
I finally picked up my new Ram on Saturday from Craig at Koons. I am very happy with the whole process. I was getting very frustrated with the Ram shopping process until I found Craig's forum here. I had many dealerships that wouldn't even give me a quote without coming to the dealership in person. Craig gave me a quote in a day. I got him information on my trade in the next day and by the end of that day I had a very reasonable sight unseen trade in offer. The price Craig quoted me was over $3K less than any dealer in my state had offered. I did every aspect of this deal via email with Craig. We spoke on the phone exactly once and that was to do the final order. It made the whole buying process easy.

Koons is 200 miles away and I'm so glad I made the ride. The dealership is crazy. They have an incredible amount of cars and an incredible amount of deals going on. I've heard so many dealers make the claim that they are a "volume dealer". Koons is definitely a volume dealer. Craig met me when I got there and from start to finish, I was out of there in just a couple of hours and on my way home. The dealership is top notch with all of the tech to make things fast and smooth. Craig didn't pressure me into any additional crap we hadn't discussed already. I wasn't pressured for anything from anyone at the dealer. It was awesome. I can say that the deals Craig is offering are legitimate and if you're on the fence, I say go for it. If this truck serves me well (this is my first Ram), I will definitely be in touch with Craig for the next one.

SP97

Reaction score
I finally picked up my new Ram on Saturday from Craig at Koons. I am very happy with the whole process. I was getting very frustrated with the Ram shopping process until I found Craig's forum here. I had many dealerships that wouldn't even give me a quote without coming to the dealership in person. Craig gave me a quote in a day. I got him information on my trade in the next day and by the end of that day I had a very reasonable sight unseen trade in offer. The price Craig quoted me was over $3K less than any dealer in my state had offered. I did every aspect of this deal via email with Craig. We spoke on the phone exactly once and that was to do the final order. It made the whole buying process easy.

Koons is 200 miles away and I'm so glad I made the ride. The dealership is crazy. They have an incredible amount of cars and an incredible amount of deals going on. I've heard so many dealers make the claim that they are a "volume dealer". Koons is definitely a volume dealer. Craig met me when I got there and from start to finish, I was out of there in just a couple of hours and on my way home. The dealership is top notch with all of the tech to make things fast and smooth. Craig didn't pressure me into any additional crap we hadn't discussed already. I wasn't pressured for anything from anyone at the dealer. It was awesome. I can say that the deals Craig is offering are legitimate and if you're on the fence, I say go for it. If this truck serves me well (this is my first Ram), I will definitely be in touch with Craig for the next one.

I'd like to add that I also recently picked up my new Ram 1500 from Koons and worked with Craig on the purchase. I found other dealerships in my area to be incompetent in the sales process, unhelpful, and just not knowledgeable about their products. Craig was respectful of my questions and always provided answers to my questions. He was very quick to respond to each and every request over the week leading up to placing my order. His salesmanship was professional and there was never any pressure to close the sale. Once my order was placed he kept me up to date on the status of my order. Once it arrived we did the walk through and he was patient as I went over the truck with a fine tooth comb. He again took the time to go over various aspects of the truck and how things work and answered any question I had without having to run inside to ask someone else. The price Craig offers is very good. I'm sure slightly better prices have been had after long tenuous negotiations at multiple dealerships over a long period of time. However if you value your time, Craig's offer is well worth the time saved. It was the best price I found by a large margin. I too highly recommend working with Craig at Koons Tyson's Corner (VA).

TVANVA

Reaction score
As you can see from this thread, Craig is one busy sales dude....

I also picked up my new Big Horn from Koon's two weeks ago and my experience mirrors the posts above. Craig is professional, always prompt with responses, and very knowledgeable about Ram trucks. Everything possible was done by e-mails or brief phone calls, so that picking up the truck was quick and easy. I was always treated with respect, and at no point did I feel pressured or subjected to a "hard sell". This also goes for Rob in Finance, who reviewed all my options, but never pressured, and was competitive on rates and on an extended warranty. This was the best experience I have ever had buying a vehicle, and in stark contrast to other dealers who would only talk to me at the dealership, piled tons of unwanted adders on their trucks (including the old "paint sealant" and "fabric protection" tricks), and immediately drop contact with you if you mention ordering exactly what you want. Craig and Koons set the example for what a dealership and vehicle sale can and should be, the exact truck I want, for an excellent price, with no games, tricks, or hassle. Highly recommended.

I was a little concerned purchasing from a dealership 200 miles from me, but that proved to be easy too. A relaxing train ride and a short DC Metro hop dropped me right at Koon's back door (Greensboro Stop on the Silver Line). I was enjoying the new truck smell on my ride home in about two hours.

Last edited:

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Let me add to the thread. I ordered my Limited from Craig after getting high quotes in Atlanta. I was hesitant about buying from a dealer 600 miles away but the savings were too good. In addition, Craig answered every email in a couple of hours or less. He knows his products and is very organized. When I arrived, he had everything ready and I was on my way in about 2 hours. Stopped in Greensboro to see a buddy and he couldn't stop saying what a nice truck the Ram was. He even cleared a spot in one of his garages for me to overnight the truck! He has a '17 Tundra Platinum and there is no comparison.

I have about 800 miles on the truck and I am very satisfied with the purchase. I know that buying from an out of town dealer is not for everyone but if you are willing to travel for a great deal and excellent experience then reach out to Craig.

Users who are viewing this thread