5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I turn on Automatic Forward Collision Braking?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I like the idea of automatic Forward Collision Braking for the added overall safety of the vehicle for my wife, child, and myself. However I noticed that this is turned off in the uConnect by default. It has the three settings of near, mid, and far, but the default is off all together. I want to turn it on but I have some concerns. 1) there are reports on here of it stopping suddenly for no good reason and it causes whiplash and a good chance if the person behind you is not aware he could crash into the back of the truck in such case. 2) Further concerns around false stopping (snow flakes, branches, rain, etc..). 3) Why is it set to "off" by default if it is really a great feature?

Thanks for the input.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I have not had any issues with forward, but the reverse slams std brakes backing into my driveway, sometimes...annoying, but nothing severe enough to cause harm

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Drove through a lot of snow storms, no false alarms. The only time it came on was when I was too close to a car in front of me. Mine is set to far.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
No false alarms here either especially front and I drive up and down a steep ramp on a daily basis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saints

Reaction score
No false alarms with mine yet. I did have a car pull out in front of me and the BRAKE came on the dash, but I didn’t brake because the car really wasn’t that close and the truck didn’t apply brakes either.

Users who are viewing this thread