5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I Ram the Air??

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
your choice to listen to advice or not. the Helwig sway bar is the best upgrade at any cost and should be the first thing done to a 1500. I have a 2021 Limited and it stopped the roll in corners and greatly improved handling. think of it as a sport suspension mode.
What about the links? Have read that putting the Hellwig on the factory links reduces it's effectiveness. How much of a difference would the links make?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with the vararam. The ramair is nice but that price tag is hard to swallow for what it is. Unless I can find a steal of a deal on one, not happening.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

brenan00

Reaction score
I've been back and forth on the Helwig, that's another one I've seen where *most* people say it makes a noticeable difference, but some say it's nothing, or not much of one.

I've heard that Rams with the air suspension use a thicker/heavier bar (cause otherwise it's extra floaty) and when I checked underneath my truck, the one there honestly looks beefcake, much thicker/bigger than what I've seen people pull off their trucks when they swap in the Helwig. That being said, I haven't touched/handled it, so it could still be light/hollow. THAT being said, my truck corners better than my Grand Cherokee did (which blew my mind, just feels way more solid/planted), so I think I'm good on that for now.

Tires I'll be upgrading soon (probably Michelin Defenders, I'm 80% highway).

I've definitely been kind of flip-flopping between doing either the exhaust or the intake (first, and the other later on). The intake is cheaper and easier to install, which is why I'm currently leaning towards it. And again, I rather like the stock sound so if all changing the whole exhaust system does it make it slightly grumblier, I don't know if that's worth it.
Your sway bar is hollow. I took mine off my 21 limited, and put the hellwig on. It makes a difference to me and my wife. Laters

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will do the sway bar soon. I just did front and rear on my Town Car. Addco (same company) has a 1 inch for the rear to replace the 15mm and I put 1.25 on the front. The old Town Car corners like it is on rails. Made me a believer!

brenan00

Reaction score
283 has been the price for a while. If you have an DOD ID card you can get one on AAFES for 200. I got mine for 272 shipped to Hawaii from auto anything using there first time buyer coupon. Laters

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread