5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I get a RAM again??? 2019 < 2024

agjr85

Reaction score
Hi All
Input needed…

Bought a 2019 and sold it when the market was hot. For context I sold it because it brought more than what I paid for it. So owned it 2 years and put 14k miles on it. For the past 3 years I’ve been whipping my daily(Camry) for everything and I’ve been tempted to get a truck again.

I checked out the GM twins and the updates are nice, but still no pano roof and they are showing up on all kinds of reliability reports.

Ford, I only like the Raptor, and a few used ones around my area are coming down in price. Interior is very dull, but functional. For sure more of an exterior looks motivator.

New Tundra, I like the looks. Interior is nice but non wow like RAM. Boring tailgate and the new iforce hybrid powertrain didn’t give me a smile. Plus getting a deal on these will be tough.

Ram, familiar territory and loved the first one. I see the e-torque is much more prevalent, did they sort out the initial bugs? I hear to stay away from the eco diesel.

Not interested in the new 2025 lineup.

OR
Screw it and get a BMW X5 with a TT V8?
(I know, not a direct cross shop)

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No more Ecodiesel, and all Hemis are Etorque now. I don't know what bugs you are talking about. My current, and the three others I know of, have never had issues with our Etorques. At least so far.

agjr85

Reaction score
No more Ecodiesel, and all Hemis are Etorque now. I don't know what bugs you are talking about. My current, and the three others I know of, have never had issues with our Etorques. At least so far.

Yea in 2019, some of the early adopters had issues with E-torque equipped trucks having battery issues, stalling, electric motor failures

Jmac509

Reaction score
2023 5.7 E Torque - No bugs yet but I only have 8,000 miles. I wish my truck didn't have the E Torque, but I was surprised at how they integrated it into the truck in a way that doesn't annoy me. After living with it 99% of the time I don't even notice it.

If I were you I'd just go test drive everything and see how you feel. When I drove the F150, the Ram 1500 had a noticeably better ride. Originally I was looking at the Acura MDX and Lexus GX 460 until I test drove them all and realized the ride and interior noise on the Ram was better than the Acura or Lexus.

I will say the Acura MDX does corner in a way that surprised me for a vehicle of that size.

Users who are viewing this thread