5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

should FCA cover my window tint?

Spinar

Reaction score
Going to be having my rear slidder replaced next week and have been told that FCA is not covering my tint replacement
not a huge cost $50 by a local company to retint so i'm not overly mad but just want to hear other opinions on the subject
my line of thinking is .. its thier peoduct that has failed and should be replaced to state its in now . IE same tint as rest of truck
hope everyone is staying cool and safe
please wear a mask for me and you

Snwjnky

Reaction score
My dealership is replacing the screen protector on my 12" radio after an OTA update bricked it. Wouldn't hurt to ask.
If they say no, try asking for something they shouldn't have a problem with like a tank of gas, or an oil change to offset your cost to re-tint.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Exactly ask and see, if they say no well then you know. :)

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kind of a gray area, They will replace the factory part, but if the part has been modified it is usually not covered.

Last edited:

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I had an headlight replacement on my 19' sport and they paid for the protective film I had on it. Maybe FCA won't pay, but dealer can cover this for sure.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1st thing my service adviser told we when they got approved for rear glass replace is that they won't cover the aftermarket tint on it.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Wait are we solely referring to FCA or the actual dealership covering this ?

Spinar

Reaction score
Wait are we solely referring to FCA or the actual dealership covering this ?
just FCA my dealership is offering to detail the truck while they have it.
which it needs lol so i'm ok with that

Spinar

Reaction score
and they have offered the impossible while they have the truck they are putting me in a loaner
something about a woody K car wagon????

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Going to be having my rear slidder replaced next week and have been told that FCA is not covering my tint replacement
not a huge cost $50 by a local company to retint so i'm not overly mad but just want to hear other opinions on the subject
my line of thinking is .. its thier peoduct that has failed and should be replaced to state its in now . IE same tint as rest of truck
hope everyone is staying cool and safe
please wear a mask for me and you
I got reimbursed for re-tinting mine by FCA... All depends on your dealer I guess

Users who are viewing this thread