5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shorty headers

shkelqimfuga

Reaction score
Is it possible to fit shorty headers of the 4th gen RAM on my 2019 RAM. The manifold has remained the same, even the cats. At the moment AFE is the only one that offers shorty headers for the 2019 RAM 1500....

whetrick1

Reaction score
Unless they redesigned the exhaust ports I wouldn't think they would be any difference in them. Take a look at the AFe and the other ones and see if you can see any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shkelqimfuga

Reaction score
Unless they redesigned the exhaust ports I wouldn't think they would be any difference in them. Take a look at the AFe and the other ones and see if you can see any difference.

Think i'll go with the longtubes of afe with cats

Snakes709

Reaction score
Sorry for the little post jack but will shorty headers change the db level or tone of any exhaust if the oem cats are still in place. Wanted to install shorty headers but i have recently installed the borla atak exhaust and its already loud, dont want it any louder. Pretty sure changing headers wont make a difference in db level, obviously would if i changed or removed the cats.

shkelqimfuga

Reaction score
With shorty headers there might be a tone difference because of the pulses entering the collector. But in dB I don't think it will increase it. I'am planning to put longtubes with sport cats, hope that doesnt increase it's colume too much. I am keeping the midpipe resonator and changing to a corsa catback.

whetrick1

Reaction score
You may get a little more noise with the long tube because they're not as thick walled as your original manifolds. The short tube shouldn't do that because the tubes aren't is long.

shkelqimfuga

Reaction score
You may get a little more noise with the long tube because they're not as thick walled as your original manifolds. The short tube shouldn't do that because the tubes aren't is long.

Yeah, if it doesn't drone I am okay with it. That's why I'm taking sport cats and keeping the mid resonator. Other wise it would be too much. At least I hope I can keep the midresonator with the AFE Longtubes. Dou you maybe know?

whetrick1

Reaction score
No but I'm sure there's someone on this form that should know.

Users who are viewing this thread