5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shorty Headers in CA... HELP!

Snow White

Reaction score
Yes indeed I have the Tic and I've got it bad. Pretty sure that my teardown will reveal broken bolts and I really don't want to do the job twice!
Has anybody been able to order Shorty Headers and have them shipped to CA. with the 8 Year Smog window I gotta believe that they'll pass before I have pass that test...
Also,
Has anybody used one of the Drill Templates. They seem like the Smart Move?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know people who have done it, with 8 years before your first smog, it's a long wait. However, I had headers on my Mustang that wasn't smog legal and the shop never noticed or cared about them.

That being said, American Trucks will ship headers to California. Check out their website, they have a decent selection of headers, including shorties. When checking out the order, you will need to click on the non-compliance box. They will ship it to you anywhere in California.

What's irritating is there are several CARB legal shorty headers for sale, but only for the DS and older generation of RAM Hemi.

Last edited:

Snow White

Reaction score
I know people who have done it, with 8 years before your first smog, it's a long wait. However, I had headers on my Mustang that wasn't smog legal and the shop never noticed or cared about them.

That being said, American Trucks will ship headers to California. Check out their website, they have a decent selection of headers, including shorties. When checking out the order, you will need to click on the non-compliance box. They will ship it to you anywhere in California.

What's irritating is there are several CARB legal shorty headers for sale, but only for the DS and older generation of RAM Hemi.

Awesomesauce!, Thanks SD Rebel

Just got off the phone with AT. They were on the Shelf and I'll have them Sunday! (y)(y):)

Users who are viewing this thread