5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short wide tires on a lifted truck?

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lately I have seen quite a few of these configurations on the road. To me they look odd and somewhat ugly but hey everyone has the right to do what they want. Is this the next fad?
The pic below doesn't look that bad but the ones I see have all season type tires and seem much shorter and wider than the example pic. The cops around here love to ticket these trucks since the wheels & tires are outside the wheel well more than the regulations allow.
Similar to the below pic:
https://images.customwheeloffset.co...untry-suspension-lift-4in-tis-544bm-black.jpg

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the guy is still waiting on his gold rims and badges.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just another fad… does nothing for a performance increase just puts more stress on components and slings sh*t all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thin tires and big deep wheels are just plain ugly lol
if it's on a 90s JDM car then sure, but on a domestic... :sick:
it's like those riced out civic and hyundai sh*tboxes lol

for sure doesn't ride good as well.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All the cool kids have wheel/tire packages like that on their trucks and some are even cooler than others and rock that Carolina squat bs. Nothing like having to park like a Dually when you have 3 feet sticking out each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure the purpose other than looks and show truck stuff. It would suck for everyday use, but people do what they do. No accounting for taste

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just figured they spent on their money on the wheels, and couldn't afford tires that fit. 🤷‍♂️

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm starting to see that on a lot of the contractors' trucks around here. Don't understand, but not my truck and IMHO, makes my truck look even better.

I've thinking about going with a wider 33" instead of taller and wider. I was afraid I was going to be the butt of a joke... 😄

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not a new fad, been around for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread