5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

short or long tube headers ??

fawaz.

Reaction score
HI

looking for your help I m wondering what the best set up for my ram 5.7 Hemi
I purchased AFE air intake and Flowmaster cat-back and I'm going to remove the catalytic converter any way whether I installed short or long headers
I'm looking for low mid rang power I found the shorties the best option for me but most people said if you going to remove the catalytic converter go with the long tube
Where the performance is better at all rpm ranges especially low to mid to high

let me know your thoughts what do you suggest

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
HI

looking for your help I m wondering what the best set up for my ram 5.7 Hemi
I purchased AFE air intake and Flowmaster cat-back and I'm going to remove the catalytic converter any way whether I installed short or long headers
I'm looking for low mid rang power I found the shorties the best option for me but most people said if you going to remove the catalytic converter go with the long tube
Where the performance is better at all rpm ranges especially low to mid to high

let me know your thoughts what do you suggest
Are you moving the converter, or removing it completely? With just a CAI and exhaust, you aren't doing anything that would preclude you from keeping a converter. Even with boost, there wouldn't be any need not to have one. Are you planning on modifying your electronics/emission system to compensate for no converter?

dannymcd

Reaction score
If you're cutting out the cat's and doing all the ECU stuff i would suggest long tube. I'm thinking about doing shorties, but only because we have emission standards and I need to keep the oem cats. I've done several cars from imports to LS-3's and equal length long tubes are the way to go if you're free from E-checks.

Users who are viewing this thread