5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short circuited with my subs and now I have no sound

Djt2471

Reaction score
I messed up could anyone help me out

I was redoing the wiring on the 2 Skar 500watt subs and 1000watt amp on a 2019 Ram 1500 Big horn with 8.4 inch display, I had the back seat up had all of the wires twisted for the line out converter tied together and had covers on all but the pig tailed I had for the ground wire and had the subs working but once I flipped the seat down in the rear door speakers was the a very deep bass sound out the and I hurried up to kill the power to the amp and the wires and after doing that I have no sound in my radio, like my Apple CarPlay and on screen navigation all works it’s just I have no sound and looking at the fuses nothing is blown and I haven’t looked behind the radio one. But the last thing about it is the ANC module that sits under the seat had a very high pitch sound coming from it. I know I ****ed up and I’m just trying to find a way to fix it.

Reaction score
you did the ANC bypass correct

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score

I was redoing the wiring on the 2 Skar 500watt subs and 1000watt amp on a 2019 Ram 1500 Big horn with 8.4 inch display, I had the back seat up had all of the wires twisted for the line out converter tied together and had covers on all but the pig tailed I had for the ground wire and had the subs working but once I flipped the seat down in the rear door speakers was the a very deep bass sound out the and I hurried up to kill the power to the amp and the wires and after doing that I have no sound in my radio, like my Apple CarPlay and on screen navigation all works it’s just I have no sound and looking at the fuses nothing is blown and I haven’t looked behind the radio one. But the last thing about it is the ANC module that sits under the seat had a very high pitch sound coming from it. I know I ****ed up and I’m just trying to find a way to fix it.
Lesson learned huh. id just take it in man. dont mess with it any longer.

Djt2471

Reaction score
you did the ANC bypass correct
No I didn’t even know the truck had the anc until this happened and started realizing I had. It was a stupid decision and just trying to maybe get any possible solutions

Djt2471

Reaction score

Reaction score
the anc will pick up the woofers and play sound to cancel them so weather you noticed or not there was a battle raging between the truck and the scar. all i can say it's 20 dollars well spent I've be doing car audio for over 30 years. another issue is with a regular LOC and for the most part LOC's are not good you have bass roll off from the factory radio you can combat that with a "loc" that corrects for that. i have seen a few youtube video's of so called installers adding subs to the rams with cheap loc's. i consider them hacks.
this unit will help you so for 70 bucks you can have a really good sounding set up

Djt2471

Reaction score
the anc will pick up the woofers and play sound to cancel them so weather you noticed or not there was a battle raging between the truck and the scar. all i can say it's 20 dollars well spent I've be doing car audio for over 30 years. another issue is with a regular LOC and for the most part LOC's are not good you have bass roll off from the factory radio you can combat that with a "loc" that corrects for that. i have seen a few youtube video's of so called installers adding subs to the rams with cheap loc's. i consider them hacks.
this unit will help you so for 70 bucks you can have a really good sounding set up
Well it’s a little to late for that cause I messed up and now the truck has no audio at all

Reaction score
try the bypass. then disconnect the battery for a little bit.
the radio will shutdown audio if it thinks it is shorted out/blown speaker to protect itself from burning up like a amp going into protection.
i thought i burned my radio up. a used replacement 8.4 is wayyyy to much $$$$. luckily it reset itself. you can check these video's out they may help.
i was running a mono and a 4 channel Friday night i changed out to a D-4-SOUND JP95 5 channel running the whole system and a fox acoustics ram box with 2 sundown 10's
this is the video i used to get me up and running

Reaction score
i wish you found this forum before you got started the members can be quite helpful.
what kind of budget are you working with?

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 8
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 8

Djt2471

Reaction score

Took it to the shop today and they said that I shorted the ANC module and to go the sound back they hooked the anc bypass and all the sound is back

Users who are viewing this thread