5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shocks for non lifted 1500 DT's

deanfx

Reaction score
I get frustrated with the fact that I cannot buy non lifted shocks from Fox, Bilstein, or Rancho for my Ram. I guess they wait for each other to manufacture first.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol yep. King says 1-6 months, haven’t talked to the other brands (I want Kings)

I’m very surprised that fox is taking so long.

Have you thought about rebel Bilsteins? Can’t be much longer than the standard ones

deanfx

Reaction score
Lol yep. King says 1-6 months, haven’t talked to the other brands (I want Kings)

I’m very surprised that fox is taking so long.

Have you thought about rebel Bilsteins? Can’t be much longer than the standard ones

That's a great idea. I wonder if I would have to purchase from Mopar?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would give you mine, but no one has replacements lol.

If it were me, I’d look on here for take offs or if you want new, source the part# and eBay them from a volume dealer for cheap. I just got 4 oem TPMS sensors on there for 70 bucks.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Op you need a set of factory shocks for your DT if I am reading this correctly? If so I have a set that has less then 500 miles on them.

deanfx

Reaction score
Op you need a set of factory shocks for your DT if I am reading this correctly? If so I have a set that has less then 500 miles on them.
Thanks, are they Bilsteins from a Rebel? Or??

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No my truck is a Laramie, if you need Bilstein that I can not help you with.

deanfx

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm looking for something other than Laramie OEM's. Fox would be awesome, but **** lol

deanfx

Reaction score
Curious, in what way are the shocks failing to control?
They really aren't that bad. Bridge expansion joints have some axle bounce where as Bilsteins in the past were a bit softer in the rears on my previous trucks and absorbed more of that instead of hopping on my daily commute. Hope that makes sense. Just looking for a softer ride in the rears.

R

Rob5589

They really aren't that bad. Bridge expansion joints have some axle bounce where as Bilsteins in the past were a bit softer in the rears on my previous trucks and absorbed more of that instead of hopping on my daily commute. Hope that makes sense. Just looking for a softer ride in the rears.
Gotcha. Have you tried adjusting your tire pressure?

deanfx

Reaction score
Gotcha. Have you tried adjusting your tire pressure?
Nah, I run about 35 in the back on Nitro's. My F150 had the same issue until I went with aftermarket and a shock that was softer and less rebound.

Users who are viewing this thread