5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shock recommendations for rear 2 inch motofab level?

jgdblue

Reaction score
I’ll be doing a 2 inch motofab level in the front and rear of my 2021 bighorn, and I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations for new rear shocks. What do I look for to make sure the new shocks will have enough travel for the additional 2 inches of lift?

Thanks in advance

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious how you will be level with a two inch lift both front and back? I can see the 2 inch in the front to level, but 2 more inches in the back will just give more rake. With what you are planning, you will not be level. Unless I missed something.
I added Bilstein’s all around, and lifted the front about 1.5 inches (clip 4 on the adjustable front shocks). Did nothing to the rear other than the shock upgrade, and am around a 1/4 inch of rake.

jgdblue

Reaction score
Curious how you will be level with a two inch lift both front and back? I can see the 2 inch in the front to level, but 2 more inches in the back will just give more rake. With what you are planning, you will not be level. Unless I missed something.
I added Bilstein’s all around, and lifted the front about 1.5 inches (clip 4 on the adjustable front shocks). Did nothing to the rear other than the shock upgrade, and am around a 1/4 inch of rake.
I don’t want to be quite level, I haul a decent size trailer fairly regularly and need some rake. With the bed rack and weight I keep in my truck now I have about 1 inch of rake and want to keep it about that.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t want to be quite level, I haul a decent size trailer fairly regularly and need some rake. With the bed rack and weight I keep in my truck now I have about 1 inch of rake and want to keep it about that.
Ah, gotcha. 🤙🏽 Well, most manufacturers will stipulate maximum travel allowed for their shocks. Do love my Bilstein’s, but they do not allow for more than an inch more of rear lift for ORP trucks. Fox and Eibachs have had great reviews.
Good luck! 👍

jgdblue

Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. 🤙🏽 Well, most manufacturers will stipulate maximum travel allowed for their shocks. Do love my Bilstein’s, but they do not allow for more than an inch more of rear lift for ORP trucks. Fox and Eibachs have had great reviews.
Good luck! 👍
I wonder if airbags in the rear would be a better option with just a 2 inch level in the front? Would driving with air in the bags all the time for half the year be an issue? I wouldn't need to max them out to take out the little bit of sag I have with just my bed rack weight, but I wonder how much it would affect the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread