5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shining/cleaning OWL tires

Pop's Ram

Reaction score
This isn't necessarily related to our new 2019 DTs, but was wondering what folks who have OWL tires use to keep the tires clean and shiny? I read a lot of the cans of products in the auto part section of WalMart, and none of them spoke specifically about using or not using on OWL tires. How do you all keep the tires black and shiny and the letters bright white?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This isn't necessarily related to our new 2019 DTs, but was wondering what folks who have OWL tires use to keep the tires clean and shiny? I read a lot of the cans of products in the auto part section of WalMart, and none of them spoke specifically about using or not using on OWL tires. How do you all keep the tires black and shiny and the letters bright white?

I'm not a big fan but since I've got them with the ORG, here's a few learned lessons:
1. You need to clean the white parts really well at some point. I got a detail where they pressure washed the tires. I thought they were white before, but man, they popped after they blew off whatever shipping protectant or whatever was on there. I just didn't clean them hard enough when washing in the driveway.
2. The white part is not a surface layer, it runs deep. So unless you severely wear through that, it will be white. I would just use whatever tire goo you prefer and if they get a bit scuffed, wash them hard again. Scrub on them. I've seen white touch up things at the store before but I don't think you'll need it unless you are routinely abusive to the lettering (curbs, off-road rocks, etc.)

79 300

Reaction score
Simple Green works great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread