5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shifter autocorrect active?

jamjr7411

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 14k miles. While in driveway if I shift from park to reverse or drive it goes back into park with the error message "Shifter Autocorrect Active". All doors are shut! I cannot drive vehicle. If I mess with e-brake on and off I can get it to drive a bit but will eventually shut off and give error message. Have tow truck coming to get it to dealer as it is under wararnty. Any ideas or has this been repaired by anyone else? Thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 14k miles. While in driveway if I shift from park to reverse or drive it goes back into park with the error message "Shifter Autocorrect Active". All doors are shut! I cannot drive vehicle. If I mess with e-brake on and off I can get it to drive a bit but will eventually shut off and give error message. Have tow truck coming to get it to dealer as it is under wararnty. Any ideas or has this been repaired by anyone else? Thanks
No experience personally, but sounds like either a sensor issue(door position or weight sensor in seat), or a shifter issue.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like a door sensor.
Try putting it into tow haul mode and driving like that.
Lower RPMs but will not damage anything.

jamjr7411

Reaction score
SO the dealer just called and stated the issue was caused by the 3rd brakelight/rear window leaking. The water fried the RF module behind the rear seat. Awesome! Window on back order of course!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
SO the dealer just called and stated the issue was caused by the 3rd brakelight/rear window leaking. The water fried the RF module behind the rear seat. Awesome! Window on back order of course!
that was exactly what I was going to say, there are so many posts on here and other forums for the RF hub and window leak its way to common.
even chevy has trouble with their sliding window leaking, I know this first hand. I think it is a bad supplier design myself as both windows look almost identical.

Users who are viewing this thread