5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shift to p then desired gear

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a very similar battery tester. It's FAR better than just hooking up a voltmeter.
SOH = State of Health : that gives a percentage of "life" on the battery.
SOC = State of Charge : an immediate indicator of charge.
MR (or RES) = Internal RESistance or Milli-Ohm Resistance (Depends on the brand) : an indicator of the battery's internal resistance which shows how much is left of the battery. I think the testers use this to extrapolate an SOH reading. It's hard to get an interpretation of what resistance level is good and what is bad because each battery is different.

If anyone has better knowledge of about the resistance levels of a 12v flat-plate AGM, please share. ;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a very similar battery tester. It's FAR better than just hooking up a voltmeter.
SOH = State of Health : that gives a percentage of "life" on the battery.
SOC = State of Charge : an immediate indicator of charge.
MR (or RES) = Internal RESistance or Milli-Ohm Resistance (Depends on the brand) : an indicator of the battery's internal resistance which shows how much is left of the battery. I think the testers use this to extrapolate an SOH reading. It's hard to get an interpretation of what resistance level is good and what is bad because each battery is different.

If anyone has better knowledge of about the resistance levels of a 12v flat-plate AGM, please share. ;)
Should be less than 4mOhm

cristi

Reaction score
Hi dutchman,

I am from the Netherlands and new here (so I am a ‘Dutchman’ 😉)
any update on your issue? I am having the same here....

thanks
I am from Romania and I have the same problem

Ramjack

Reaction score

Nelo718

Reaction score
Dealer said battery was bad and when the voltage gets low enough the computer shuts the transmission down (something to that effect). They replaced battery under warranty. I'm still shocked that a dying battery means it might take you out of drive into neutral while driving...seems like a massive safety concern

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Have you had this issue return? I have the same problem and so are a few guys on another thread. Did the new battery fix the issue completely?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you had this issue return? I have the same problem and so are a few guys on another thread. Did the new battery fix the issue completely?

Not sure why I never got a notification on this quote reply. Sorry! No, I have not had the issue since the new battery. Seems crazy to me still, but running like Pittsburgh ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread