5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shell rotella gas truck oil

The_Dude

Reaction score
Don't forget about the rebate at Rotella's website it good on truck oil purchased til' 12-31-19. $10 for every 5qt jug up to $40.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I ordered some on amazon because none of my local national parts stores carry it. In fact one clerk said they never sold any for nearly a year then they had to put it on clearance to get it off the shelf. $2 quarts and $10 jugs. I missed that one. I’ll drop my oil tomorrow for the first change. Eager to see how this stuff performs with some lubeguard moly additive. I use mobil1 in my wife’s GC with the 3.6 pentastar. The lubeguard made a noticeable difference in how quiet it runs.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I changed my oil this morning and I have to say, what a royal pain in the rear. Worst filter location and drain plug of any vehicle I’ve owned. I think the fumoto drain valve with the hose nipple would be a worthy investment if I planned on doing this again but the location of the oil filter kills the deal. I used the gallon ziplock bag method with a oil pad under that on the steering rack. Still an awkward awful mess.
I’ll report back on how the oil performs in this motor and I will also be doing an oil analysis at 5,000mi.
I cut a wide mouth Mobil 1 quart bottle to keep the oil from dumping all over the sway bar. The engineers who designed this truck should all be forced to turn wrenches to appreciate their lackluster design.

Attachments

• 8AFB70A0-473C-4320-8F36-A0BDFC1F1998.jpeg
    8AFB70A0-473C-4320-8F36-A0BDFC1F1998.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 82

Damien256

Reaction score
I changed my oil this morning and I have to say, what a royal pain in the rear. Worst filter location and drain plug of any vehicle I’ve owned. I think the fumoto drain valve with the hose nipple would be a worthy investment if I planned on doing this again but the location of the oil filter kills the deal. I used the gallon ziplock bag method with a oil pad under that on the steering rack. Still an awkward awful mess.
I’ll report back on how the oil performs in this motor and I will also be doing an oil analysis at 5,000mi.
I cut a wide mouth Mobil 1 quart bottle to keep the oil from dumping all over the sway bar. The engineers who designed this truck should all be forced to turn wrenches to appreciate their lackluster design.
What a great idea!!

judsonlimited

Reaction score
Got my mail in rebate for the oil yesterday. $20 off two bottles is great especially since I paid $17 per. So in total my oil changed cost me $27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Got my mail in rebate for the oil yesterday. $20 off two bottles is great especially since I paid $17 per. So in total my oil changed cost me $27

How long did it take? I filed mine online so I hope that expedites the process. I sent in $40 worth of rebates to Behr paint for a home depot special last fall and never saw that money. Hopefully Shell is legit.

judsonlimited

Reaction score
How long did it take? I filed mine online so I hope that expedites the process. I sent in $40 worth of rebates to Behr paint for a home depot special last fall and never saw that money. Hopefully Shell is legit.

4 weeks exactly

rotts4u

Reaction score
I bought some recently at Tractor Supply and then later at a local Pep Boys that was going out of business. I paid $10 for the 5 qt jug and got a 20$ rebate check this week. I put the oil in my Hemi and it seems fine. These types of feedback are pretty subjective but Shell always has good oils and I am sure it will be fine. I used a mobil 1 filter too.

Ramster

Reaction score
Just received my rebate after 3 weeks. Excellent!

Ch28

Reaction score
Just got my rebate yesterday. About 4 weeks.

The_Dude

Reaction score
I also received my rebate on 1/20. You guys should know that the rebate seems was extended to June/July 2020.

deanfx

Reaction score
How much total oil does it take to change oil in our Hemi's?

Users who are viewing this thread