5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

She leaks and creaks...

Brave Patriots

Reaction score
Just took delivery last week (9-28) of a Ram Limited. Within a few hours of taking delivery i have the body creak when turning and a massive interior water leak. This truck was literally built/completed the week of September 17th 2018 FYI. It rained all weekend in my area so my interior is soaked, i mean totally saturated. I may as well of dumped a 5 gallon bucket of water out in my cab. Called the dealer and reported the issue, I will be directing them to this forum as these are major issues. Obviously new builds are no better than the older ones people have reported. Beautiful truck but sadly its been tarnished with less than 50 miles driven. FCA is gonna get some grief with vehicles of this cost having these types of issues.

Was there a water seal upgrade option I was supposed to select? 50 miles and I'm pretty bummed out.
Do you still have your 5th gen Ram??? Either way, was dodge or yourself able to find the leak(s)??? My 2020 is doin the same thing. So far it's only on the driver's side and it only gets wet directly under the floor mat.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you still have your 5th gen Ram??? Either way, was dodge or yourself able to find the leak(s)??? My 2020 is doin the same thing. So far it's only on the driver's side and it only gets wet directly under the floor mat.
Do you know the build date?

There was a short period of time when a seam in the body panels below the driver's A-pillar was not sealed correctly. Your dealer should be able to find a STAR report on this problem.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045470 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online