5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shark Fin Antenna Removal

Nickv1214

Reaction score
OK, this will probably make me sound like an old bastard, but what are you wrapping the truck in, some kind of saran wrap? And why are you wrapping it, is it for some kind of advertisement?
I’m color changing the truck with vinyl wrap . Many benefits too it , helps protect the paint etc etc .

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what you want to do, dropping the rear of the headliner is quite doable. No need to drop nor remove the entire headliner.

the poster who claimed one needed to remove the headliner to install his rear dash cam did not know about:
I actually used that exact same wire fish. you cant use it on the headliner. there are seams glued in place that block it from running front to back and you CANNOT punch through them, I tried. I ran an endoscope up there to guide me. not happening. 20200329_145521.jpg

but what the hell do i know. this is also a deceptive picture the opening is maybe 1/2" wide at the rear, not 4 feet.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Anybody have any info on how to drop just the rear section ?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A real Italian family would have a whole room covered in plastic for special occasions :p
LOL. Well we are old school Italians - my great grandparents came here as adults in 1905 and my grandparents spoke fluent italian and not such good english - but we did have a little bit of grace about us; we weren't total goombas 😂

Users who are viewing this thread