5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadow bans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insanity

Reaction score
Guess that is an option? It would be a nice one I could use on another forum.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
On second thought, I don't think "ignore" prohibits you from posting on a thread. It must be an admin/mod function.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just looked it up. It’s not a “shadow ban”, several of your posts were removed and you were permanently banned from replying to that thread due to trolling. At least that’s what it says.
I don’t see any other information on it (like the date or who set the ban).
I would have assumed that you would have been notified, but apparently that’s not the case. I’ve never used that setting before, so I don’t know if there’s an option to send a notification.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just looked it up. It’s not a “shadow ban”, several of your posts were removed and you were permanently banned from replying to that thread due to trolling. At least that’s what it says.
I would have assumed that you would have been notified, but apparently that’s not the case. I’ve never used that setting before, so I don’t know if there’s an option to send a notification.
I see all my post there, and I wasn't trolling, the thread was about eTorque, and I wasn't notified.
I guess the term shadowban is if you let me keep posting then hiding the stuff so it's not 100% that.

I guess one of the mods is a little salty since everyone else appears to be able to continue to post in that thread about how terrible eTorque is LOL.

1716652654685.png
1716652744721.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1716664057693.png

It's a thread ban. "Ban light" one might say.

I wish we had shadowban!

If you have questions about rules or mod actions, send a PM or report a post.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
does it show what moderator placed the ban?
that would explain a lot.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see all my post there, and I wasn't trolling, the thread was about eTorque, and I wasn't notified.
I guess the term shadowban is if you let me keep posting then hiding the stuff so it's not 100% that.

I guess one of the mods is a little salty since everyone else appears to be able to continue to post in that thread about how terrible eTorque is LOL.

Actually, you don't see all your posts.

The offending posts, along with many others in that thread, were deleted in a report/cleanup sweep.

Appropriate warnings were issued and mod actions taken are not up for public debate or open to ridicule or trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread