5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting my WDH

Gren71

Reaction score
I pulled my camper for the first time today with the new ram. Having all of that power is a huge difference compared to the six cylinder gladiator.

Keystone Bullet 250 BHS

6,000+/- lbs loaded
715 tongue weight

I left the weight distribution hitch set to where it was on the gladiator when I pulled it today. Here are the measurements I got.

No weight

F-36 3/8

R-38

Full weight

F-37 1/4

R-36 3/4
IMG_3234.jpeg

Wdh (pre set)

F-36 3/4

R-36 7/8
IMG_3235.jpeg
IMG_3236.jpeg
IMG_3237.jpeg

It pulled fine, but the front end still felt a little light to me. I’m going to mess with the hitch over the next week or so and see if I can dial it in a little more.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I understand your measurements, it sounds like you could stand a bit more on the WD, but find a scale somewhere rather than rely solely on the measurements.

Gren71

Reaction score
If I understand your measurements, it sounds like you could stand a bit more on the WD, but find a scale somewhere rather than rely solely on the measurements.
With the gladiator i never did scale measurements, just strictly fape measurements following the manufacturer install pamphlet. Largely because i knew i was close to the line and chose blissful ignorance. With this ram i may actually do it if for nothing more than personal curiosity

Gren71

Reaction score
After messing with it this morning i was able to dial the hitch in so the front end sits back to the unloaded height. All in all it only took one more washer to add more preload. Ill see how it drives and maybe adjust down some once the truck is loaded with the family as well as the dogs in the bed.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Using measurements only is a bit of a red herring. It is WAY better to get your rig to the CAT scales and do the three measurements method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online