5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Set default to Media - BlueTooth possible?

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
So I searched already for any thread that answers this but -
  • Is it possible with the UConnect 8.4 to set the default connection when it fires up to Bluetooth Media?
If no, its off to search for a headunit - Any recommendations on what to upgrade to?

I pretty much only listen to the library on my iPhone, and every damn time I turn off or on the truck, it goes back to radio and I need to re-establish connection. Hate this....enough to change the head unit....And dont get me started on CarPlay. I hate it as well.

Last edited:

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As for the passenger, run a 'charge only' cord, easiest way to tell is get one with multiple ends, they won't transfer data. The other thing you can do is plug into the USB in the armrest, it's power only as is the passenger rear USB

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
As for the passenger, run a 'charge only' cord, easiest way to tell is get one with multiple ends, they won't transfer data. The other thing you can do is plug into the USB in the armrest, it's power only as is the passenger rear USB
Appreciate THAT tip thank you

Mab6680

Reaction score
My 17 Durango with the older style uconnect radio would alway default to whatever I left it on when I shut it off, I find it very annoying that not only does my ram alway default to xm radio but even when I tap the media tab it still doesn’t default to Bluetoot. It always defaults to the CD player even though there’s no cd in it, has anyone figured anything out to correct this yet?

biggggant

Reaction score
My factory radio in my veloster did the same thing so I feel your pain since I was so used to my aftermarket radio in my GTO staying on the last source when I started it back up

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
I actually took the time to write to FCA and they did provide a response that was basically like "Thanks for the feedback, we will file it in our blah blah (i.e. do nothing). Its a simple software update. Truly (im in the business). The unit is smart enough to retain last source and has power even when off.

Sernas7

Reaction score
My 2020 1500 has this issue. Dealer told me it was the way it was intended, and there's no way to change it. It's extremely frustrating. I never listen to the radio, and the fact that I need to hit media, then scroll down to Bluetooth, then half the time also choose my phone from a list.... Is utterly stupid

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
My 2020 1500 has this issue. Dealer told me it was the way it was intended, and there's no way to change it. It's extremely frustrating. I never listen to the radio, and the fact that I need to hit media, then scroll down to Bluetooth, then half the time also choose my phone from a list.... Is utterly stupid
Exactly. This is my exact experience every time I start the truck. No real reason to have this as intended, even if its a "lower" line head unit

ffyntik

Reaction score
i think it has to do something with navigation. Ive had uconnect with nav and it remembered the last source. Now i have one without nav and it doesn't remember

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
i think it has to do something with navigation. Ive had uconnect with nav and it remembered the last source. Now i have one without nav and it doesn't remember
Im also now seeing an issue where the clock is wrong for like 30 + seconds after start up (like it does not even do DST) until it syncs with my phone. I real trash heap headunit if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread