5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Traction control, trailer brake, and 4WD...

cdsons

Reaction score
This is cross posted on another forum as well, but I went to start my truck today and out of nowhere I got all three of these messages popping up at once. Everything runs and drives fine so I am scratching my head. Just a glitch perhaps, I am going to unhook the battery tomorrow and let it sit for a while. If that doesn't work do any of y'all have any ideas as my warranty has long since expired. 2020 Eco 125K miles...

wrxified

Reaction score
Yes. It’s the front axle 4wd actuator causing the issue. Just had the exact same issue.

Part is 68399418AA. There are several threads on this. Some people fix it simply by disconnecting and reconnecting the actuator. It did nothing for me. Dealer replacement fixed the issue.

My guess is everything probably seems fine with yours but if you start trying to shift into 4wd high or 4wd auto you’ll notice that the light flashes for each one of those and never makes the actual switch. That and your traction control is likely disabled and you can’t enable it. It typically encounters a series of gremlins that are different.

The dealer will likely do some basic troubleshooting. One thing I saw as a note on the work order is they measure resistance on circuit G303 between the DTCM and actuator. It should read 3.0 ohms. Mine was reading .4 ohms so they knew it was bad. I don’t know the details on how or where to measure that circuit but if you are technically inclined maybe you could do this. That or just replace the actuator and be done with it. It’s been the reason for these 3 codes on nearly every persons truck that I’ve seen.

cdsons

Reaction score
Yes. It’s the front axle 4wd actuator causing the issue. Just had the exact same issue.

Part is 68399418AA. There are several threads on this. Some people fix it simply by disconnecting and reconnecting the actuator. It did nothing for me. Dealer replacement fixed the issue.

My guess is everything probably seems fine with yours but if you start trying to shift into 4wd high or 4wd auto you’ll notice that the light flashes for each one of those and never makes the actual switch. That and your traction control is likely disabled and you can’t enable it. It typically encounters a series of gremlins that are different.

The dealer will likely do some basic troubleshooting. One thing I saw as a note on the work order is they measure resistance on circuit G303 between the DTCM and actuator. It should read 3.0 ohms. Mine was reading .4 ohms so they knew it was bad. I don’t know the details on how or where to measure that circuit but if you are technically inclined maybe you could do this. That or just replace the actuator and be done with it. It’s been the reason for these 3 codes on nearly every persons truck that I’ve seen.
Just out of curiosity was your actuator covered under the 5/100 warranty? Not that it matters in my case, but I was just wondering.

wrxified

Reaction score
Good Lord. 6 months and 8200 miles later and my light popped on again. Cannot shift to 4 wheel anything and have no traction control or cruise control. 3 trips to the dealer in 6 months. I’d almost rather get waterboarded than keep doing this. Even covered under warranty this is tiring. I can’t imagine what I’d be doing if this was costing me money.

Gren71

Reaction score
Id double check the health of your battery. Though Im sure @wrxified is probably correct given the personal experience, on most FCA vehicles Ive had I ALWAYS got random errors and warnings when my battery was on the way out.

cdsons

Reaction score
I ordered the actuator off of Rock Auto and did it myself. Stabbing the new one back proved to be a headache but after doing it once, if I had t o do it again it would take me probably 20 minutes start to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread