5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Tire Pressure Sensor System

Bigbags85

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago one of my tire pressure sensors stopped reading. I think it was the RF. The nex day it worked, then the LR stopped reading. Then that worked and the both fronts stopped reading. With the truck still being under warranty I brought it to the dealer to get checked out. I figured either the wiring harness or module was bad. They called me today and said all the tests they ran found no errors in the electronics and that either my GMRS radio or the window tint (I only did the front two to match the rear) is interfering with the signal and that's why it's randomly starting to error out. The tech said he printed off some internal chrysler tech forum memo that was talking about the interefence issue in these trucks. I think it's BS and am chalking it up to garbage electronics in american brand vehicles. Has anyone had any issues with TPMS sensors not reading? There are a ton of people who have tinted all windows, I feel like this issue would be more prevalent if tint was the issue lol. I have idk 33k miles on the truck and the week prior just drove 5k to colorado and back and the TPMS has never thrown an error prior.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's not the tint, it could be your aluminum foil hat.

I agree with you. Never heard of that.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago one of my tire pressure sensors stopped reading. I think it was the RF. The nex day it worked, then the LR stopped reading. Then that worked and the both fronts stopped reading. With the truck still being under warranty I brought it to the dealer to get checked out. I figured either the wiring harness or module was bad. They called me today and said all the tests they ran found no errors in the electronics and that either my GMRS radio or the window tint (I only did the front two to match the rear) is interfering with the signal and that's why it's randomly starting to error out. The tech said he printed off some internal chrysler tech forum memo that was talking about the interefence issue in these trucks. I think it's BS and am chalking it up to garbage electronics in american brand vehicles. Has anyone had any issues with TPMS sensors not reading? There are a ton of people who have tinted all windows, I feel like this issue would be more prevalent if tint was the issue lol. I have idk 33k miles on the truck and the week prior just drove 5k to colorado and back and the TPMS has never thrown an error prior.
I have tinted front windows and a GMRS. My RF sensor stopped working for about 5 miles during a road trip last month, been fine since then.
Truck has little over 70 k miles on it.

dmchugh24

Reaction score
Any update on why this happened? I am having the same issue with my truck now.

Users who are viewing this thread