5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Rear locker light

mtvrwe2003

Reaction score
2019 Rebel 70k miles the Service Rear locker light and Service 4wd light came on. I took it to the dealer (extended warranty) they replaced the rear connector/actuator and that didn’t fix it so they then replaced the module and that didn’t fix the light problem either. I’ve got to get it back in the shop to get this matter straightened out. Has anybody had this problem with the rear axle lock??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did they check the wheel speed/abs sensors?

mtvrwe2003

Reaction score
have tbey actually check and tested the rear locker, maybe the problem is not the sensors but the locker...

They ordered all new bearings and anything else that goes in the rear carrier and are replacing them when the parts come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattattack08

Reaction score
Any updates on this? I have a 2019 Rebel (about 88K miles) with same issue (on and off for about a year now). I have been ignoring it every time the light comes on but I'm thinking I should probably get it fixed... I don't have extended warranty to don't want to throw a bunch of money at a wild goose chase.

Ramboxx989

Reaction score
Any updates on this? I have a 2019 Rebel (about 88K miles) with same issue (on and off for about a year now). I have been ignoring it every time the light comes on but I'm thinking I should probably get it fixed... I don't have extended warranty to don't want to throw a bunch of money at a wild goose chase.
Definitely don’t ignore, I did that for about 3 months and now the lights ons driving me crazy 4x4 still works just the locker won’t lock. So hopefully I can get it fixed and not be in the same boat hmmm

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
I’ve started getting the service locker light, intermittently. Upon doing some research it seems to be a bigger problem on the JL Rubicons. Not too much info about it on the Ram. The sensor located inside the differential gets shorted with fluid/metal shavings due to poor seals. The Jeeps run a Dana 44 rear axle, from what I read. Is this the same axle on the Rams?

A replacement sensor is available on eBay. The part number on it reads 10031393. Any one have any input if this would work on the Ram? I wouldn’t be able to pull a part number off my sensor unless I opened up the rear diff.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.png
    IMG_0019.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 6

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just can't believe the dealer is just throwing parts at it. The sensor does sound logical, but they should be able to diagnose it.

Users who are viewing this thread