5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Question

ponypride

Reaction score
I have a question regarding service. I am purchasing my vehicle and will not be financing. I just found out that the Better Business Bureau gave my dealership an "F" rating. Now I am nervous. Once I get the vehicle, can I take it to another dealer,for warrenty service. It is not my intent to purchase the extended warranty from them. I will get that directly from Ziegler. The low BBB rating has me concerned.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question regarding service. I am purchasing my vehicle and will not be financing. I just found out that the Better Business Bureau gave my dealership an "F" rating. Now I am nervous. Once I get the vehicle, can I take it to another dealer,for warrenty service. It is not my intent to purchase the extended warranty from them. I will get that directly from Ziegler. The low BBB rating has me concerned.

You should be able to take it to any Ram dealer for service work under warranty

D

Deleted member 85

Anywhere friend - doesn't have to be from the selling dealer.

Rayzram

Reaction score
I did not buy from my local dealer but one an hour away. I shopped my local dealer for a month on and off and they simply could not come up with what I needed without "robbing the truck" from another dealer. I know that's business, but personally, I would feel bad that the dealer an hour away and the buying, inventory power they have should be rewarded by buying from them. It was even suggested I go to other dealers, test drive and find the one I wanted, then let them know and they would get "That" truck from the other dealer that had it on the lot. I refused to do that, and respectfully let my local dealer know I felt that to be very unfair, but would appreciate them providing service to me if I did buy elsewhere. I discussed the reasons I bought from another dealer, even to the point of what I paid for it and assured them it was an inventory reason, not pricing that made me buy elsewhere, and my local dealer was very pleased and has assured me they will provide me with quality service even though I bought elsewhere. I believe a visit, open conversation, and planning PRIOR to needing service is key. Meet the service advisor, sales manager, owner if possible, introduce them to not only you but your vehicle as well. If a meeting prior to requiring service goes badly, you should expect the service to be equally as bad and avoid them. $$$$ is made from the Service side and these dealers know that. They all should welcome any new service opportunity and treat you as one of their own right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread