5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Question/Comments

Mudstone

Reaction score
now sure about the rate in Canada but iirc my shop charges $20/ tire for mount and balance. The tire show we work with charges $120 or something for mount and balance including TPMS swap. Sometimes we do it ourselves but when we're busy or when we're dealing with expensive wheels (think TE37, Work wheels, etc) we send the trucks over to them. I may be off about pricing because I don't do quoting I just do the work, so I don't have the price sheet memorized.

Regarding your brakes, 16k KM (around ~10K miles) shouldn't eat your brakes away. Easiest way to confirm it yourself is to go under your truck, look at the calipers and look at the remaining life of the pads. For rotor, are you experiencing vibration while braking? If not then you should be ok still. We only do rotors if there's visible "damages" or if customers experience vibration while braking.

Brake fluid flush... we never do that unless the fluid is contaminated or customer specifically request it. Contamination usually means we swapped out broken brake fluid parts (resi, booster, lines, etc). Look at yours and if it's still clean then no need.

4x4 service. 41k KM (25.5k miles) seems too soon for 4x4 service. I'd skip this time.

Cabin filter. Amazon it and swap it yourself. then go buy yourself a nice steak dinner for $98.

Alignment. Is your truck pulling? Uneven treadwear on your tires? If none of the above then no need. You definitely don't need alignment after tire swap. Only times you need alignment are: you do suspension related work (lifting, lowering, or lower control arms), you're experiencing pulling or your steering wheel does not sit in the middle while going down a flat road, or you have uneven treadwear.

Hope that helps.
Yes, thank you for the input!. None of the above are true, no uneven ware, no pulling etc. Brakes seem fine. I will check the Cabin Air Filter as I do like Steak!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If the "4x4 service" is simply draining and filling the transfer case with 2 quarts that is one heck of an upcharge.

2 quarts of Mopar t-case fluid is around $60. Are they charging $473 for labor and waste disposal?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the "4x4 service" is simply draining and filling the transfer case with 2 quarts that is one heck of an upcharge.

2 quarts of Mopar t-case fluid is around $60. Are they charging $473 for labor and waste disposal?
They are changing the front and rear diff fluids also, but yes their prices are high.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

I think they are hoping people think "I don't want my 4x4 system to mess up and get damaged! Better let them do it"
The dealership OP went to is just wack'd

GMetal

Reaction score
Places that try to upsell me things I don't need never get repeat business nor a favorable mention to anyone in earshot that plan to go to the same place.

Users who are viewing this thread