5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service interval after fuel pump recall

rtpassini

Reaction score
There's 21 pages on the other one, so I didn't want it to get lost.

I just had the recall done today as thr dealer just got parts in. Anyone read the info that came with this?

They now "require" fuel filter changed every 10k miles instead of the 20k. I'm a bit pissed about that. Looks like a good way to deny warranties potentially.

n8zcc

Reaction score
I just had the recall done today as thr dealer just got parts in. Anyone read the info that came with this?

They now "require" fuel filter changed every 10k miles instead of the 20k. I'm a bit pissed about that. Looks like a good way to deny warranties potentially.
I had the HPFP recall performed last week. I don't recall seeing anything about changing out the fuel filter at 10K miles and my serving dealer said nothing to me about it.

Where did you see the requirement for a fuel filter change at 10K miles?

daustin

Reaction score
I had the HPFP recall performed last week. I don't recall seeing anything about changing out the fuel filter at 10K miles and my serving dealer said nothing to me about it.

Ram changed the online manual recently, which I posted about in the link above. I just got my oil changed at 10,000 miles and I asked the dealership about the new service interval and they said they did not know anything about it and recommended I wait until 20,000 miles to change it.

rtpassini

Reaction score
I don't have a GDE tune, but, that last bit seems like a non-answer. The question is what would happen if it WAS a powertrain warranty issue. Not non-powertrain and not routine maintenance.

I guess if nobody with a GDE tune ever had to go in for a powertrain warranty issue, that could be a good sign....

wasnt told anything about that when hey did mine
I got a little 20 some page pamphlet with the recall from my dealer. It's listed in there. I'll see if I can find the pic and snap a pic.

rtpassini

Reaction score
Here is the pamphlet and page

Attachments

• received_3180009238962186.jpeg
    received_3180009238962186.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 36
  • received_1274923626535522.jpeg
    received_1274923626535522.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 36

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
FCA should cover the Fuel Filters for the life of these trucks.
Its has been a couple of years since the recall - I still have not received my recall yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papi4baby

Reaction score
Guys so i remember reading a post about a member that mentioned the fuel filter interval change a few months back and didn’t pay too much mind.

Well with my truck approaching 30k miles I went to verify that the air filter for the engine was required to be changed and sure as poop it now states on the manual that fuel filters are to be changed every 10k miles. Also if using the B5 diesel is 8k and they stated that if you don’t follow this they will not honor the warranty.

I personally think this is BS since nothing has been put out about it, I can see this being a big lawsuit and cluster.

Any lawyers want to take it on feel free to PM me.

If the filters and dealer charge were reasonable I would not care much, but they charge close to 200 dollars to perform the charge.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still doing mine at 20k miles. 130,000km on mine and getting the recall done Wednesday morning.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just had this recall performed, didn’t get any of the updated owners info. No tip card, owners manual addendum, sticker by the fuel door, or under hood sticker.

When picking up my truck I asked the service advisor who is also the service manager if there is anything I have to do different in regards to service and they said no, I was already changing filters at 20k km (12k miles) and haven’t seen any signs of contamination in my fuel filter. So I will continue with this maintenance schedule until I am told otherwise.

Toxic1

Reaction score
Just had my HPFP recall completed yesterday, 2022 Laramie Eco Diesel, 8200 miles. Had them change oil and filter while it was there ($323 OUCH). They called me twice and recommended that the fuel filters be changed where they recommend it should be done at 10k but having a past experience, I opted to wait. I've owned 5 Ram 2500 Cummins dating back to 2002, there was only one time I had the dealer do fuel filters in one of my Cummins and it was in the high $300's, since then my local mechanic did them for 1/3 the price. If oil and filter in an Eco Diesel is $300, what are they going to get for the fuel filters?.......Agree with Malodave, no longer offer the Eco Diesel so lets make money off parts and service intervals.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. I didn't get any pamphlet or new info either....zeros. Service manager said same service intervals. So obviously there is some disconnect somewhere.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Yep. I didn't get any pamphlet or new info either....zeros. Service manager said same service intervals. So obviously there is some disconnect somewhere.
Nor did I but I don't live in a state RAM says has dirty diesel fuel.

I wonder if it has something to do with the cleanliness, or lack of, fuel in some states like Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Maryland, West Virginia, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska. The owner's manual, at least the one for my 2022 calls out these states and recommends a fuel filter change every 10,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread