5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service electronic stability control and check engine light

Vulpes

Reaction score
So most often when mine acts up the first error I get is service electronic stability control, makes me wonder where I should have the focus on first as the possible issue… I can see the blindspot issue being tied into the taillights being the possible source of the issue to check first
My brain keeps going back to your tire size, I think I remember something about the tire size being a bit off?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those of us that have had CANBUS issues, (and sometimes can't get a resolution). Remember the days when a taillight went out and the vehicle didn't shut down and act like it was possessed by evil spirits, and you just put a new bulb in for a couple bucks, sometimes in the amount of time it took to fill up the tank at the gas station, and went merrily on your way?

I think those days are over, check out this video. I know it's a Ferd, but the same type of thing applies to our trucks.

Yup. A few users here have had a similar issue.

jjantes86

Reaction score
Hello!!! I have a 2020 ram 1500 limited and the electronic stability and check engine light came on. I didn’t lose traction or anything that I remember.

anyone else experience this? What is it?
Hi I get the electronic stability and stop/start warning light at the same time .I wonder how did you solve your issue?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So to update my situation. In one of these threads someone mentioned pulling fuse 53 from the interior fuse panel and replacing or resetting it. I did that about 3 weeks ago and my truck has not gave me any of the issues it had before. I have driven it for as long as an hour and 10 minutes or so and it didn’t give me any errors or cut off. The only thing it has been doing so far that wasn’t the case before is that every time I start the truck again my navigation voice volume goes to 20 no matter what it was set on before. That used to not be the case I’m sure. I still haven’t went back to the dealer and will have to eventually as I have the dreaded bubble in my dash from the last time it was at the dealer, but I haven’t had time to take my truck due to how far the dealer is from me that I want to go to.

Users who are viewing this thread