5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service electronic stability control and brake lights always on

Prestoman13

Reaction score
I took my 2019 ram dt to a shop to get Ziebart, new windshield, and a cap installed. After tying in the cap light, my truck brake lights remain on even when the car is off. They disconnected it so the truck is back to original and my brake lights remain on when the vehicle is off and my service electronic stability control light and message come up. Does anyone know what the problem can be or have experienced this? I have to disconnect the battery when the truck is off so my battery doesn’t die. The cap isn’t even wired anymore. The cruise control and rear view camera are also disabled and not able to use.

Prestoman13

Reaction score
Sounds like something was shorted out when the cap lights were wired up .
Any ideas on how to go about fixing this? They have no idea and the dealerships in my area are two weeks out for an appointment. Wouldn’t be a huge issue but I have a newborn and don’t have time getting in and out to connect and disconnect battery especially in this heat lol. Also, they had the exact same 5th gen ram with led lights hooked up the same way with 0 issues and drove off while they told me the bad news.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
maybe a relay or maybe they knocked a wire loose . The wire for the back up camera can be loose from the factory , maybe it just loosened up a little more . I'm not really sure and I am just guessing .

Users who are viewing this thread