5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Contracts and Lifted Trucks

Robertsjut

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Looking for a little information and help. I’m in the market to purchase an Service Contract on my 2019 Ram w/ 1,000 miles that I bought in December 2019.

What I’m interested in is what company is the best and will cover my truck since it has an aftermarket suspension lift.

I have installed a 6" lift from Zone Performance which comes with Factory Protection Plus: http://560plus.com/ (5 year / 60,000/100,000 Mile* Supplemental Drivetrain Warranty. A 5 year 60,000/100,000 mile* warranty is available for ALL participating brand vehicle suspension systems as long as the vehicle is less than 5 years old from the date of manufacture and the mileage is less than 60,000/100,000 miles.* The protection applies to any participating brand eligible suspension systems purchased on or after November 1st, 2013. *5 Year/60,000 Miles on Ford and Toyota vehicles and 5 Year/100,000 Miles on Dodge/Ram, GM, Jeep, and Nissan vehicles.)

As always thank you for the help and input!

Last edited:

RJS

Reaction score
Lift the truck won't just void your warranty.
Remember you are buying a service contract not a warranty when you purchase the Mopar one. It's states that a Mopar lft kit installed professionally is covered if under 4" of lift unless excluded in the document. So the lift is covered and, I would conclude, any other parts it's attached to.

The gray area is exclusions like: Quote "Repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of alterations or modifications not recommended by the manufacture". So if you are over 4" of lift or they can blame any third party component or alteration you may have issues. Again, remember no warranty guarantees as it is a service contract. IIWM, I'd want to talk to the Mopar folks about what you have and is it covered. Then get it in writing.

Robertsjut

Reaction score
Remember you are buying a service contract not a warranty when you purchase the Mopar one. It's states that a Mopar lft kit installed professionally is covered if under 4" of lift unless excluded in the document. So the lift is covered and, I would conclude, any other parts it's attached to.

The gray area is exclusions like: Quote "Repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of alterations or modifications not recommended by the manufacture". So if you are over 4" of lift or they can blame any third party component or alteration you may have issues. Again, remember no warranty guarantees as it is a service contract. IIWM, I'd want to talk to the Mopar folks about what you have and is it covered. Then get it in writing.

Thank you for the input. I will catch with the dealer when I'm there next week...

Rick J

Reaction score
Quote: I have installed a 6" lift from Zone Performance

Quote: Remember you are buying a service contract not a warranty when you purchase the Mopar one. It's states that a Mopar lft kit installed professionally is covered if under 4" of lift unless excluded in the document. So the lift is covered and, I would conclude, any other parts it's attached to.

I think you better check with the warranty company before assuming it would be covered. Your dealer isn't the place to by the MOPAR protection plan unless they are willing to match Ziegler's price.

Users who are viewing this thread