5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Separation anxiety from my 2019 limited

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Truck is in the shop for the side mirrors not going back to their position after going down in reverse. Not a huge issue but I wanted it fixed. Now they have new in a 2018 v6 tradesman. Since the limited was the first truck I've ever owned and now driving this thing I miss my limited. It's amazing how different they are in every way. I have a feeling I'll be driving it for several days. Anyone else miss their truck while it's in the shop?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes!, They got me in a 2018 Jeep Compass. Not a fan! I would definitely take a Tradesman instead of this toilet!

Actually, I just want my truck back. However, I’m not optimistic. I brought it in for the two recalls, to replace my driver side view mirror, and to have any software updates done. Well, the Uconnect update broke my truck. Before the “update”, my radio would reset itself very intermittently, like maybe once every other week. Now, it resets itself precisely once every four minutes.

The dealership said that the radio itself was bad (how, I thought? But, ok), and they ordered a new one. Well, the new radio was installed on Friday, and it is also rebooting every four minutes! They have no clue what the issue is.....so they put me in a loaner while they figure it out, however long that will take.

Very frustrated! Needed a truck today, had to borrow my dad’s F150.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes!, They got me in a 2018 Jeep Compass. Not a fan! I would definitely take a Tradesman instead of this toilet!

Actually, I just want my truck back. However, I’m not optimistic. I brought it in for the two recalls, to replace my driver side view mirror, and to have any software updates done. Well, the Uconnect update broke my truck. Before the “update”, my radio would reset itself very intermittently, like maybe once every other week. Now, it resets itself precisely once every four minutes.

The dealership said that the radio itself was bad (how, I thought? But, ok), and they ordered a new one. Well, the new radio was installed on Friday, and it is also rebooting every four minutes! They have no clue what the issue is.....so they put me in a loaner while they figure it out, however long that will take.

Very frustrated! Needed a truck today, had to borrow my dad’s F150.
I wish you the best with your truck. I'm afraid of any radio issues since mechanics aren't software developers and are used to rip and replace strategy. Hopefully they get yours fixed. I had a Jeep compass and my work buddies referred to it and not so manly if a car compared to a ram.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish you the best with your truck. I'm afraid of any radio issues since mechanics aren't software developers and are used to rip and replace strategy. Hopefully they get yours fixed. I had a Jeep compass and my work buddies referred to it and not so manly if a car compared to a ram.
Thank you! I cant help but blame myself a little bit. It was a minor nuisance really, now it's a major issue. Who would have guessed that updating the radio would break it? Not me!

Regarding the Compass, definitely not for me, but could be worse I suppose.

Hope they figure this out sooner rather than later. Trying to stay positive!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have another vehicle but I took the loaner anyway for two reasons. Firstly, I didn’t want to give the impression that I didn’t need my truck back ASAP. Secondly, I’m sick of asking people to follow me to the dealership.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have another vehicle but I took the loaner anyway for two reasons. Firstly, I didn’t want to give the impression that I didn’t need my truck back ASAP. Secondly, I’m sick of asking people to follow me to the dealership.
My dealer will shuttle you back and forth from home or work..... for those that do that 4 letter word (work) still... ;)

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine offers free Uber, but I think it's only one way. Plus, it's not helpful if they need the truck for several days...

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The bad part is I have no idea when I'm getting mine back so every day is like torture if they don't give new a status update. Good news is I was able to use the rental for mulch.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
Going on two plus weeks now without my limited. Its been at the PDR shop for hail repairs. Hoping to get it back today. After driving a Nissan Armada rental for 2 weeks I remember why I don't like driving Nissan vehicles.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Going on two plus weeks now without my limited. Its been at the PDR shop for hail repairs. Hoping to get it back today. After driving a Nissan Armada rental for 2 weeks I remember why I don't like driving Nissan vehicles.

I am driving my Wife's Nissan Rogue and I remember why i don't like driving Nissan's as well.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Truck is in the shop for the side mirrors not going back to their position after going down in reverse. Not a huge issue but I wanted it fixed. Now they have new in a 2018 v6 tradesman. Since the limited was the first truck I've ever owned and now driving this thing I miss my limited. It's amazing how different they are in every way. I have a feeling I'll be driving it for several days. Anyone else miss their truck while it's in the shop?
Pray tell, what are the top differences you have noted? I suppose it may be too much to list, going from a Ltd to a Tradesman and likely hemi down to the Pentstar but are there any non-drivetrain/trim differences you can discuss? Ride differences or something?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Limited was in the shop for 5 weeks in November/December and has been in the shop for the past 6 weeks to take care of a laundry list of fit/finish issues, recalls, TSBs. Although my truck isn't an everyday driver I really miss it. I am fortunate however, that I use a great dealership that always gives me a brand new loaner. I've taken the loaner on a few long road trips over the past few weekends and I must admit it's nice to rack up the mileage on a vehicle other than your own.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic Quad Cab with a V6 for 5 days (was only supposed to be a few hours) and absolutely hated it. It revs so high with a smaller engine in it. It also had basically no screen I could barely see when using it in reverse lol. Horrible sound system too. Its so nice to have my truck back.

I couldnt even make the seats go higher in the loaner - never seen that before - only forwards/backwards and recline.

I hate the service department I deal with - I have to find someone better to go to in NY/NJ area next time I need to go in. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic Quad Cab with a V6 for 5 days (was only supposed to be a few hours) and absolutely hated it. It revs so high with a smaller engine in it. It also had basically no screen I could barely see when using it in reverse lol. Horrible sound system too. Its so nice to have my truck back.

I couldnt even make the seats go higher in the loaner - never seen that before - only forwards/backwards and recline.

I hate the service department I deal with - I have to find someone better to go to in NY/NJ area next time I need to go in. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.
I don't know where you are located in NY/NJ area but Flemington Dodge/Ram is excellent. The Service Manager is a great guy.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know where you are located in NY/NJ area but Flemington Dodge/Ram is excellent. The Service Manager is a great guy.
Not too far - 50 miles from there which is what I was driving for my other dealer. If I have any other issues (fingers crossed I do not) I will probably go there. They have GREAT reviews too

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hmm, that definitely doesn't sound like it was a really nice truck to compete with against GM and Ford. I don't remember my F150 XLT (like a Bighorn basically) being able to go up or down either... not totally sure on that. The 19' new 1500 V6 E Torque CC I test drove back to back against my current hemi Ltd was night and day. The Laramie CC V6 was not as smooth, downshited a lot, and my wife felt the seat comfort lacking. Not to degrade anyones Laramie but comparing it to the Ltd was, well, it was a level below for sure. Little doubt in our minds that the Ltd is the better ride/fit/finish, I know mine is. (Better be for $60K...)

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not too far - 50 miles from there which is what I was driving for my other dealer. If I have any other issues (fingers crossed I do not) I will probably go there. They have GREAT reviews too
It's a bit less than that for me but still a bit of a hike but well worth it. I bought from them as well and was very happy with the entire process and the sales guy.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pray tell, what are the top differences you have noted? I suppose it may be too much to list, going from a Ltd to a Tradesman and likely hemi down to the Pentstar but are there any non-drivetrain/trim differences you can discuss? Ride differences or something?

It didn't have the same pickup or power obviously. It just felt awfully sluggish and sloppy shifting. There was no features or add ons. I noticed acceleration seemed slow. When I hit the gas there was a delay which was super awkward. I hated the bench seats.

Users who are viewing this thread