5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semiconductor Chip Shortage Causes Ram To Repackage Some Options:

El_Draque

Reaction score
Thats a huge deal breaker for me..I was going to order soon but now I have to wait longer...great...

Jono

Reaction score
I ordered 1/9/21 and received 3/10/21 Laramie L2 and BSM is working fine.

THC1

Reaction score
I ordered 1/9/21 and received 3/10/21 Laramie L2 and BSM is working fine.
Man I ordered a Laramie 2500 on 3-8 and dealer told me his order screen shows the changed packages and no blind spot monitoring (he made no mention of a price reduction if you can imagine that). RAMCARES chat window informs me they show it's available for order..........right, and ram.com still allows you to build a 2020 model. I am disappointed not to get that and sure hoping it will be installed anyway but my situation required me to go ahead and order it. I ordered a gasser because I just couldn't find one.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man I ordered a Laramie 2500 on 3-8 and dealer told me his order screen shows the changed packages and no blind spot monitoring (he made no mention of a price reduction if you can imagine that). RAMCARES chat window informs me they show it's available for order..........right, and ram.com still allows you to build a 2020 model. I am disappointed not to get that and sure hoping it will be installed anyway but my situation required me to go ahead and order it. I ordered a gasser because I just couldn't find one.

If the option isn't on the POC it isn't going to be installed anyway.

THC1

Reaction score
If the option isn't on the POC it isn't going to be installed anyway.
Doesn't say it's not, it says Laramie group A v. the standard Laramie Group 1 that I selected. I'm sure that's the same scenario regardless since the dealer said that's the difference in the two. I ordered night edition and tow technology group too and I believe the blind spot is on one or both of those choices.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't say it's not, it says Laramie group A v. the standard Laramie Group 1 that I selected. I'm sure that's the same scenario regardless since the dealer said that's the difference in the two. I ordered night edition and tow technology group too and I believe the blind spot is on one or both of those choices.
i could be wrong, but i think when the designate the letter to the group, it means it is the reduced cost (-$200) group without the blind spot monitoring.

THC1

Reaction score
i could be wrong, but i think when the designate the letter to the group, it means it is the reduced cost (-$200) group without the blind spot monitoring.
No I'm sure your right, just doesn't hurt to wish. :)

Users who are viewing this thread