5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling my RAM

Ram-583

Reaction score
Can any of you guys suggest the place to sell my 2014 RAM Limited? I used eBay Motors and Auto Trader and have had nothing but scammers. I figured you guy might have a better idea.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

This is what it looks like it.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have any good suggestions anymore, but I’ve always just ignored the scammers. I might have a good sense to tell when somebody’s full of BS or not, but anybody with common sense should be able to figure that out.

Edit: I would also suggest if using eBay to not discount people from other countries. I was selling my Aprilia RSV4R motorcycle on eBay motors, and a guy from Nigeria clicked buy it now and tried to buy my motorcycle. I canceled the order and went about my life. A week later, he messaged me saying he would still buy the motorcycle if I was selling it. I told him only if somebody in the United States completed the transaction and handled shipping. He got one of his family members in Alabama to complete the transaction and I had the money wired to me.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but have you ran it through carmax, vroom or carvana and gotten a quote. You don’t have to buy from them but Carmax for me was just so much easier then dealing with regular people/tire kickers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know how generalizable my experience is, but I sold my 2019 1500 in May or early June last year.

I got quotes from Autonation, Vroom, Carmax, and Carvana. Autonation was the highest, and I think Carmax was the lowest.

Meanwhile, I also listed it on Facebook Marketplace and Autotrader. I got very little traffic on Autotrader, but a few inquiries on Facebook. I listed it at $4K above the Autonation offer. This out it about the midpoint of KBB private sale range.

Many of them started started immediately with, “what’s the VIN?” I was a little suspicious at this directness, but I learned later that these were dealers looking to stock their lots.

Long story short, I ended up selling my truck to one of those dealers, who offered $2K more than Autonation (so $2K below my asking price). I was happy with that; it’s $9K more than I paid for the truck in 2019 (it was used with 6K miles on it at the time; I sold it with 21K miles).

Take always that might help:
  1. As others suggest, get quotes from Carmax, etc.
  2. List on Facebook Marketplace, using KBB private sale estimate as a guide
  3. If you get Facebook messages asking for the VIN, it’s likely dealers interested in buying your truck.

Last edited:

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score
I sold my Grand Cherokee to Carmax and got my Ram from the same store a little while later.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Carvana is paying stupid money for trucks right now.

My father in law just sold his f150 on there for 4k more than he paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would run them through Carmax, Vroom, Carvana, AutoNation etc. I sold my Truck to Vroom last May. My only suggestion is I would accept less if you can take it to one of those places in person. Vroom worked but the process took longer than I was comfortable with

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carvana is paying stupid money for trucks right now.

My father in law just sold his f150 on there for 4k more than he paid for it.

Weird, Carvana is $5k less than Vroom for my truck

DDC95A3B-153B-466B-848B-D1341578BF28.png 2ED1E76A-96A6-4C22-BCA6-0561B11A24A4.png

And that’s down almost $4k from less than 2 months ago

9F44AAEE-9C7C-4876-9E46-3943232E567C.png

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow. I wonder if they base it off the type of market and price of the truck. They were the highest for my Silverado as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread