5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seller's right to cancel??

bvigne01

Reaction score
my Guess, the extra fees were no accident. The Finance people know what they are doing.

2019Black1500

Reaction score
I'm probably just way too petty but I would have taken the truck on a nice cross country roadtrip and then returned the truck back to them and let them deal with trying to sell a truck new with a few thousand miles on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello forum, I'm looking some guidance and wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else. 2 weeks ago I purchased my 3rd ram truck, a new 2020 bighorn night edition. I purchased from a very well known dealership. Probably the biggest in my area. I won't name them at this moment. After some negotiation we agreed on an OTD price and I left with the truck. The next day I went through the car contract and noticed the total vehicle price was $837 more than the agreed price. I called the dealership and they asked me to come in to sign a new, corrected contract. 2 days later I get an email from the compliance director with an attachment entitled "seller's right to cancel". I've emailed the finance guy 3 times and not heard back. I called the director of customer satisfaction today and explained the situation. She said "so and so" just walked in, I'll transfer you right to his desk. He never picked up so I left him a voicemail, then a few hours later another one. Still no response. I know everyone's busy and they are probably short handed but I'm beginning to get suspicious. And I'm not sure what to expect. Has anyone encountered anything like this? Would definitely appreciate any info. Thanks.
I know this is an old thread but don't feel bad. Same crap happened to me. I was getting friendly with the finance guy because he worked with my current GM. (I work at a dealer in service). He was just having me sign documents as we were talking, when I got done and out the door and took a look at the contract, he added a ton of stuff in the contract that I did not want. My fault for not paying attention. Funny thing was he was real friendly once I called about it and agreed to take stuff off but in the end, still left stuff in there, but at a discounted rate. Started at 43K financed, second time was $39.5. about to go back now to remove the rest of the BS which is another $1200. Just wanted to give some cooling off time first. Like everyone said, they know what they are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread