5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking some opinions on wheel setup for leveled Black Rebel

terigox

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m really torn on this. I’ve been scouring pictures, the forums and anything I can get my hands on and have really come to a stalemate.

I’m leveling my 2021 rebel with Falcon shocks next week and am looking to swap the wheels out, mainly for better/wider stance with the level. Also, the side step will be replaced with a Go Rhino DSS slim this weekend.

I’ve narrowed down to either Fuel Rebel or Method 305’s in either Bronze/Black, or the Rebel in Gunmetal/Black. Put in another set of gray methods and stock for comparison.

I’ve tried to find as many comps as I can, one thing that I keep getting caught up on is my front skid plate has that lovely gray area. It balances with the stock tires and actually with the Rebel gray tires.

Just really torn and not in the budget to buy both (although would be awesome to just swap them out when I wanted!) :)

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts!

Attachments

• E89EE31A-2EE3-4808-9206-6221CC9BA718.jpeg
    E89EE31A-2EE3-4808-9206-6221CC9BA718.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 123

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All are good looking options. I’m biased to the bottom right gunmetal Fuel wheels. Seems to accent what I can see of the bed topper well. I’m also additionally biased bc I put a similar looking set of Vossen’s on this past Friday & just really dig the color of them. I had a black Laramie night edition before this white one & think the black/gray (or in my case tinted + gloss black) looks really good on a both a black or white truck.

Edit: I guess I should add that I already have an older Jeep with bronze wheels. I didn’t realize that’s what takes the finish for me out of the equation but it still looks great on your setup.

Last edited:

Smashius

Reaction score
All are good choices, which is why you see those wheels on lots of Rams (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I lean toward making the skid plate black and going bronze Rebels.

My current wheels are a brushed bronze center with a black pearl outer, quite happy with that look.

terigox

Reaction score
Thank you @Smashius and @Bpebler really appreciate some opinions!

Agreed @Smashius , that was really one of my thoughts too, and seems like it would be easy enough to do. I saw a few threads on here of people doing it or having shops do the painting.

The fact that these all do look really good on the Rams makes it that much harder, I look at every picture and say that looks great.

Happy with more opinions to help break the stalemate!

terigox

Reaction score
Since I like closure and ended up doing a lot of research to find this combo or similar thought I’d share results back here!

Ended up with matte black Method 305 18” with 35” (actual about 34.5” I think” Toyo Open Country AT3)

Really happy with the way everything turned out so far, and keeping the Softopper for now maybe to be replaced with a flat cover someday!

Thanks for all those that helped and opinions!

Attachments

• 486CEF64-7317-4BBA-8CC9-7D502A3DFB9D.jpeg
    486CEF64-7317-4BBA-8CC9-7D502A3DFB9D.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 8E9D9C2E-C670-4C66-AD73-62B8E489DB4C.jpeg
    8E9D9C2E-C670-4C66-AD73-62B8E489DB4C.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread