5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking ideas: Rear passenger lighting solution for kids

fireberd350

Reaction score
My kids are younger and often need a light turned on to find the seat belt, look through their bags, or even read. Has anyone solved a lighting solution for back seat passengers? My requirements are pretty simple:
  1. Reachable by small seated children. e.g. the overhead light is not reachable
  2. Usable by both passengers. Either 2 lights or a central shareable light
  3. Nice to have: non-obtrusive to my while driving
  4. Nice to have: hard wired so I don't have to worry about charging or batteries
Thanks!

fireberd350

Reaction score
Brilliant, not sure why I didnt think of tapping into that USB bank. Thinking I can snake a usb extension under the floor mats and behind the seats and have one of those bendable "snake" lights on each side.

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score

fireberd350

Reaction score
This works perfectly. I compromised on my hard wired / no battery requirement but am very satisfied. I simply place it in the folding arm rest and let the flexible next stick out. It's long enough that either kid can use it to search for things or read. Bonus of being battery powered and magnetic is that it's portable for other uses (e.g. working on the truck or grilling).

1642454439577.png

Users who are viewing this thread