5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking directions / Advice on changing tire size from factory tires...

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Well thanks all for the most valuable information
I have been reading and learning. It has been a 3-week ordeal to get 2 new struts installed, parts have been a problem.
As of this Monday, my truck passed state inspection and has 2 new front struts 4 new tires, and a new front-end alignment.
I got the BRIDGESTONE DUELER A/T REVO 3 in the 275/60/R20 size. I have not driven but about 20 miles on the new tires, In my limited experience no obvious road noise difference, was noted from the factory tires Bridgestone Dueler H/L 275/55/R20.

So this coming Sunday, I will break out the bypass cable and plug it in, for me that is a challenge to accomplish, short arms, short stubby fingers, and just out of my field of vision. Once, I'm done with the truck yoga. I will make a few test runs to verify what the speedometer reads compared to a GPS speed program on the phone and make notes at various speeds. My wife will be driving so I can use the phone and make notes, stop in a safe place off the road make some changes, make notes, and make a test run and compare. Rinse and repeat, to get the readings as accurate as possible.
I work as a Paramedic/Firefighter so tickets are bad things for the work situation not to mention the insurance hit for speeding.
So stay tuned on this same bat channel for the next adventures of the BlueHemi1500 superhero. :)

BlueHemi1500

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well thanks all for the most valuable information
I have been reading and learning. It has been a 3-week ordeal to get 2 new struts installed, parts have been a problem.
As of this Monday, my truck passed state inspection and has 2 new front struts 4 new tires, and a new front-end alignment.
I got the BRIDGESTONE DUELER A/T REVO 3 in the 275/60/R20 size. I have not driven but about 20 miles on the new tires, In my limited experience no obvious road noise difference, was noted from the factory tires Bridgestone Dueler H/L 275/55/R20.

So this coming Sunday, I will break out the bypass cable and plug it in, for me that is a challenge to accomplish, short arms, short stubby fingers, and just out of my field of vision. Once, I'm done with the truck yoga. I will make a few test runs to verify what the speedometer reads compared to a GPS speed program on the phone and make notes at various speeds. My wife will be driving so I can use the phone and make notes, stop in a safe place off the road make some changes, make notes, and make a test run and compare. Rinse and repeat, to get the readings as accurate as possible.
I work as a Paramedic/Firefighter so tickets are bad things for the work situation not to mention the insurance hit for speeding.
So stay tuned on this same bat channel for the next adventures of the BlueHemi1500 superhero. :)

BlueHemi1500
If you are using alfaObd to change the speedometer, there is a tire change option that gives you a list of different tire sizes to choose from. Pretty sure 275/60/20 was one of the options. Not sure how close that will be. Just recently did a local friends truck that swapped on some Rebel take-offs.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
If you are using alfaObd to change the speedometer, there is a tire change option that gives you a list of different tire sizes to choose from. Pretty sure 275/60/20 was one of the options. Not sure how close that will be. Just recently did a local friends truck that swapped on some Rebel take-offs.
That is exactly the magic wand I plan to use from the superhero tool belt. I am hoping that it will be just that easy or use the tire size you gave earlier of the stock Rebel tire size and be close. If not then I will play with numbers to find the sweet spot.

BlueHemi1500

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/