5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security Thoughts on trucks other than TRX

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Ok, I thought you were talking about a stock Ram truck.
@Air’d outSRT - correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the Ghost a previous version (or European version) of IGLA?
It is a European design yes, but it’s here and works perfectly fine in these North American vehicles

Air’d outSRT

Reaction score
Yup, like my 2022 ram rebel gt. Have a ghost II immobilizer in it and sleep well and drive it with a smile. Not a single worry as I’ve gotten into it forgetting to put the code in or opening the driver door after the code was. Put in, and to just be reminded a half mile down the road when she shuts down, that I’ve got a great theft proof vehicle.
Ghost ii is an IGLA 231 made for autowatch uk. I am an IGLA distributor/dealer, best anti theft device ever made

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
can't find it on a Motorola
I don't have a Motorola to check, but OEM are allowed to make modifications to the Android images they use for the better or worse (typically for worse).
I have 4 different phones of different brands in front of me that all have it. If I type unknown into the search box in settings it comes up. Asus, Samsung, Redmagic, and Google Pixel.

It is very possible that Motorola removed that feature as OEM typically making weird decisions. I'm also not sure if Android GO has this feature if your phone has that.
Lenovo for example explicitly disabled and doesn't allow you to mount SD cards as internal storage for apps despite Android having native and dev override support for it. This is clearly anti-consumer but they might of had a reason to remove the tracker scanning.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I don't have a Motorola to check, but OEM are allowed to make modifications to the Android images they use for the better or worse (typically for worse).
I have 4 different phones of different brands in front of me that all have it. If I type unknown into the search box in settings it comes up. Asus, Samsung, Redmagic, and Google Pixel.

It is very possible that Motorola removed that feature as OEM typically making weird decisions. I'm also not sure if Android GO has this feature if your phone has that.
Lenovo for example explicitly disabled and doesn't allow you to mount SD cards as internal storage for apps despite Android having native and dev override support for it. This is clearly anti-consumer but they might of had a reason to remove the tracker scanning.
found it on wifes Samsung
will just use hers

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
Probably the worst combination actually. They just make a new key and cut your steering wheel in a few seconds.
Real life shows that's not the case though. Thieves generally move on to an easier target, which is why the police dept here and in every major city in the country has gone back to recommending steering wheel locks as one level of deterrent.

I don't know enough about making keys to comment on how someone might make a new one, but with your fob in a faraday bag, there's no signal at all for anyone to intercept.

Anyone can sit around on the internet and try to come up with ways people could bypass anything you try to do...but that's now how real life works. Thieves don't generally want a hassle, they want to hit and move along quickly. Just a few years ago this city had around 4,000 cars per year stolen, now its well over 12,000 per year.

If you have a car they really want, they can just carjack you at the gas station and not worry about defeating any devices.

You do what you can to make yours a little more difficult to steal than the next one, that's all anyone can do.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know enough
It would probably have been better if you responded with just this, rather than talk about things you don't obviously aren't educated on. Go spend some time watching all of the videos of actual thieves using creative ways to bypass OEM setups and aftermarket security systems.

Air’d outSRT

Reaction score
Real life shows that's not the case though. Thieves generally move on to an easier target, which is why the police dept here and in every major city in the country has gone back to recommending steering wheel locks as one level of deterrent.

I don't know enough about making keys to comment on how someone might make a new one, but with your fob in a faraday bag, there's no signal at all for anyone to intercept.

Anyone can sit around on the internet and try to come up with ways people could bypass anything you try to do...but that's now how real life works. Thieves don't generally want a hassle, they want to hit and move along quickly. Just a few years ago this city had around 4,000 cars per year stolen, now its well over 12,000 per year.

If you have a car they really want, they can just carjack you at the gas station and not worry about defeating any devices.

You do what you can to make yours a little more difficult to steal than the next one, that's all anyone can do.
Not true at all and with vehicles getting harder to find and steal they have no problem cutting it off. Cops recommend everything because they do nothing. As for the faraday thats one method used less than 10% of the time. They just make a new key, far cheaper for them to do. I also install an anti carjacking feature with IGLA and even compustar. So again, worst combination you can choose, adding a “killswitch” will put the icing on the cake though. Maybe try an easy to bypass in seconds Ravelco, it will do more than a club

Air’d outSRT

Reaction score
It would probably have been better if you responded with just this, rather than talk about things you don't obviously aren't educated on. Go spend some time watching all of the videos of actual thieves using creative ways to bypass OEM setups and aftermarket security systems.
Apparently I don’t know what I am talking about 🥺😭

Users who are viewing this thread