5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security/gun safe for 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie with full console

Briencrotty

Reaction score
Honestly, for a moment I was thinking about cracking him in the head with a tire tool preemptively. If there was an altercation, he’d have overpowered me. Then I realized if I missed or he was hopped up on drugs, I’d have made my situation a lot worse.

I should have called 911 as soon as I stopped. If I tried calling after he showed up, whatever he had planned was going to play out before help arrived. I just talked nice, got 3 lugs on, and got of there.

I would have been thinking about the same thing. Give some thought to a carry methodology that puts the gun on your person, even if it's your smaller LCP. Dene Adams makes some great options for women to carry.

The other thing to think about if you have Uconnect is the SOS button (or whatever it's called). I've never tried it, but if your truck has it, it's something you can hit if you get a flat and get stuck on the side of the road.

B

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have been thinking about the same thing. Give some thought to a carry methodology that puts the gun on your person, even if it's your smaller LCP. Dene Adams makes some great options for women to carry.

The other thing to think about if you have Uconnect is the SOS button (or whatever it's called). I've never tried it, but if your truck has it, it's something you can hit if you get a flat and get stuck on the side of the road.

B
I have the 8.4 non nav, so I dont think I have that feature. I will take a look at Dene Adams products.

Briencrotty

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 non nav, so I dont think I have that feature. I will take a look at Dene Adams products.

I've never tried mine to see if it works, so you may not be missing anything!

AAA has a few roadside assistance options I think. It might be something to think about if you're traveling a lot. The last time I used roadside assistance it was when I blew (and completely shredded) the run flat tire on my BMW, and was stranded. I called BMW roadside assistance and they were USELESS (told me they'd be able to send a tow truck the next day (and apparently expected I'd just sleep in my car on the side of the highway until then). I took a shot and called the roadside assistance through HOG (Harley Owner's Group) and they rocked. Sent a tow truck and even paid for it, even though it wasn't my bike that had the problem.

B

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Honestly, for a moment I was thinking about cracking him in the head with a tire tool preemptively.

Without knowing the entire scenario or the laws in your state, this would have likely led to your arrest. However, you've got to do what you've go to do to make sure you're not a statistic.

I think, ideally, returning to your car, locking your doors, retrieving your gun, and calling 911 might be the best option at that point. In my state, brandishing a weapon in a "rude or careless manner" is a crime, but we do have some solid self-defense gun laws. We can't fire a warning shot either, and we have to have reasonable, articularable purpose for pulling a weapon necessary for self-defense in protection of life. People here have gone to jail for accidentally showing the bottom of a weapon when they reach up on a top shelf to get something. That law has since been modified, thank goodness.

That being said... I have a teenage daughter who just earned her driver's license. I can't imagine what you felt like or how she would feel in that situation. I imagine even as a male standing 6'1", I'd still feel a little off with someone behind me watching me change a tire on the side of the road. And honestly, I don't know if I'd tell my daughter to do anything different than you did or were going to do.

In regards to magnets, I know there are a bunch on Amazon, and as stated by someone else a few posts back, Lock'er Down sells them. You can cover the magnets in felt if you wish to avoid scratches on your weapon. I do know that game/hobby stores sell pick and pluck foam for miniatures. I also have some in a pelican case I keep my camera stuff in. Whatever your decision, please post some pics of your solution. I'm interested in finding out how well the foam option works.

CJW

Reaction score
Instead of the magnet route, I'd consider finding a way to get a small holster mounted in there. And for guns as small as you're talking, you may even be able to mount it to the lid so that it would be vertically presented when open.

You may have to fabricate some sort of backing, but if you did that, you could get a left handed holster mounted right to the lid. It looks like there could be room, but tough to say without seeing it.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Instead of the magnet route, I'd consider finding a way to get a small holster mounted in there. And for guns as small as you're talking, you may even be able to mount it to the lid so that it would be vertically presented when open.

You may have to fabricate some sort of backing, but if you did that, you could get a left handed holster mounted right to the lid. It looks like there could be room, but tough to say without seeing it.
Yeah, there are several options to choose from. Like you said, it’s hard to know without seeing. I’d love to see a Lockrdown box installed before I’d buy.

Users who are viewing this thread