5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security Gateway Module bypass - can I leave it connected?

Konrad

Reaction score
I have just installed and successfully programmed the trailer brake controller using SGM bypass, AlfaOBD and a Bluetooth OBD adapter.
I was wondering if it's OK to just leave the SGM bypass connected so that I can play with the truck whenever my heart desires? Or will it cause any problems, errors etc.? Anyone has any experience with this? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Konrad

Reaction score
I've had it connected for over 6 weeks now, no issues whatsoever. I do plan on taking it out if I need to go to the dealer though.

Thank you, sir. That's the information I was looking for.

Bama2020

Reaction score
I have just installed and successfully programmed the trailer brake controller using SGM bypass, AlfaOBD and a Bluetooth OBD adapter.
I was wondering if it's OK to just leave the SGM bypass connected so that I can play with the truck whenever my heart desires? Or will it cause any problems, errors etc.? Anyone has any experience with this? Thanks!

Currently wondering the same thing,
just disabled fog dropout,changed to all LED present with HLs and fogs(upgraded to oem)so I'm about to find out I guess.... Thanks for bringing up the topic.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has been installed for the last 2 years. I keep it installed so I can use the OBD port anytime I want.

Bama2020

Reaction score
Mine has been installed for the last 2 years. I keep it installed so I can use the OBD port anytime I want.
Awesome...this is exactly what I wanted to hear.I am really diggin AlphaOBD and seems that I I am continuously picking up new information through our Ram community on things I can do with it so definitely much easier just to leave my ECRI bypass in...thanx for confirming

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone forget to unplug during a dealership visit ? Because I just did. Yikes lol
I have not. But I do fear that. I leave my throttle controller plugged in and nothing has been said. Let us know what happens and if they say anything.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone forget to unplug during a dealership visit ? Because I just did. Yikes lol
Myast two dealer visits, I have left my TazerDT and Pulsar installed, and they never said a word about them. I will be removing both when I take it in next week for manifolds and fueling issue

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only reason for that SGW is to keep someone from hacking into your truck.
What are the odds off that happening?
My bypass cable, when not used, is in the garage...

Users who are viewing this thread