5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security Gateway Bypass question.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I need to take my 2023 Bighorn in for the trans tsb.
I've installed a Koadtech SGB harness to use with alfa obd. The installation of the bypass harness for a 64 year old was next to impossible so removing will be totally impossible!
Question is if I just hide it really good can the dealer tell there is a harness plugged into the can bus?
I don't see how with no power into it it's just dead end wiring but you never know, that's why I'm asking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240306_093022_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240306_093022_Chrome.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 20

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I need to take my 2023 Bighorn in for the trans tsb.
I've installed a Koadtech SGB harness to use with alfa obd. The installation of the bypass harness for a 64 year old was next to impossible so removing will be totally impossible!
Question is if I just hide it really good can the dealer tell there is a harness plugged into the can bus?
I don't see how with no power into it it's just dead end wiring but you never know, that's why I'm asking.
Since you used that specific harness you will probably be fine. Had you used the simpler harness they plugged into the SGW connectors, and not the terminal block, you'd definitely want to remove it or I don't think the OBD port connected to dash would work for rhem

1923bob

Reaction score
Since you used that specific harness you will probably be fine. Had you used the simpler harness they plugged into the SGW connectors, and not the terminal block, you'd definitely want to remove it or I don't think the OBD port connected to dash would work for rhem
I got the SGW extension from Z automotive just because this little old fat man has a hard time up under that dash if the dealership doesn't like it to bad.

Users who are viewing this thread