5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secret Storage

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Yes, you do! I have pano and sunglass holder

I do?? I guess I need to check this out. I don't remember one being there, but maybe I missed it. Do you have the collision stuff as well? Maybe mine is not there due to the collision stuff under the mirror? Either way I will be checking this out. I will feel dumb if I somehow missed a sun glass holder right in front of my face daily haha.

George Bednar

Reaction score
I do?? I guess I need to check this out. I don't remember one being there, but maybe I missed it. Do you have the collision stuff as well? Maybe mine is not there due to the collision stuff under the mirror? Either way I will be checking this out. I will feel dumb if I somehow missed a sun glass holder right in front of my face daily haha.
I missed mine for about the first 3 - 4 month I have the truck, but low and behold it was always there.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
This is the overhead console for trucks with the Pano roof. You have a sun glass holder. closed.jpg open.jpg

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
If you have the bucket seats and center console, there's space "under" the 8.4" radio display inside the console. It's so deep back there that I am constantly losing things inside the console that slide up there. For months I thought I had lost my earplugs until one day they came rolling out of there. I stuck my hand in there and it's deep enough that if you put up a little plastic piece across the front no one would think it was anything but the end of the console.
I looked yesterday and you are correct. I had no idea that was there.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have the bench seats there is a very inconspicuous hiding spot under the center seat

Cortesio

Reaction score

$145 solution

This may not be "hidden", but it sure would keep anyone out of your cash and extra ammo...probably even away for your weapon, but I wouldn't trust leaving that in the truck ever. We have some crime in my area with people "breaking" into unlocked vehicles, but once they get inside they are only looking for weapons according to the officers. Had my truck broken into several years back after either I left my truck unlocked or my dog hit the fob while I was playing with her. Two kids maybe 15-17 years old...they stole 2 knives from the truck. Wish I had a console safe in that truck as they wouldn't have gotten away with the knives. Cops knew who the kids were, but of course I never got my knives back!

I haven't bought the console safe yet...on my Christmas list...but I definitely would like a place to store these types of items while parked downtown and even in my own driveway from the dumb teenagers.
If you haven't already, look at the vaults from Lock'er Down and Console Vault too. The Tuffy will keep things locked up and the price is definitely right on it, but it is made out of bent sheet metal and has hinged sides for ease of shipping. The Console Vault and Lock'er Down are made of welded 12 ga steel plates and are a lot more solid. I went with the Console Vault myself because I liked how it installed better and wrote up about my experience here:

Any safe or lockbox can be defeated but I'm pretty confident in the security and location of my vault. The center consoles in our trucks are awesome and the back of the console deep under the armrest is a pretty ideal spot to have secure storage.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hidden storage?

Is this what you are referring to - or is mine different:

View attachment 40020

I use mine for this: (I should have opted for the 4-switch version)

View attachment 40021
Yes sir, that's what I was referring to. I was cleaning my console out today and decided to see how deep it was. It holds a small spiral pocket notebook almost completely to the edge, so I'd say it's at least 3-4 inches deep or more.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It isn't obvious that the rear-seat backs fold down; nobody would know unless you own a Ram. To the casual observer the rear-seat back is permanently fixed in place. My thought was to somehow hang a pouch on the back of the seat and use that for stashing things.

U

User_21361

It isn't obvious that the rear-seat backs fold down; nobody would know unless you own a Ram. To the casual observer the rear-seat back is permanently fixed in place. My thought was to somehow hang a pouch on the back of the seat and use that for stashing things.
I didn't know they folded down. Which seats do you have and how do you fold them

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't know they folded down. Which seats do you have and how do you fold them

I don't have one of these new Rams but saw this in another thread. There's a picture floating around here showing a cable near the top of the backside of the rear seat... on the driver's side IIRC. A few other pictures here show the seats folded down.

Bmeehan19

Reaction score
They should all fold down. You have to reach your ha d back there and pull a tab. It’s not for our use but more for servicing stuff back there. But nonetheless they fold down.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They should all fold down. You have to reach your ha d back there and pull a tab. It’s not for our use but more for servicing stuff back there. But nonetheless they fold down.
Only reclining seats fold down IIRC, my rebel seat bottoms fold up, but the backs don't fold down; there's a 'folding seat mod' thread out there that shows the plastic clip to modify to allow for fold-down seat backs

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only reclining seats fold down IIRC, my rebel seat bottoms fold up, but the backs don't fold down; there's a 'folding seat mod' thread out there that shows the plastic clip to modify to allow for fold-down seat backs
You are correct. Only the reclining rear seats fold down. Non-reclining seats can be modified to fold down, but it requires cutting the hooks that secure them to the back wall.

Users who are viewing this thread