5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second thoughts on purchase

MWLRam

Reaction score
Gotcha. The under seat storage is a $95 option which can easily be added in by your dealer, as well as the Ram Bins in the floor. Just FYI. Keep looking around but don't count the truck out!

I'm wanting under seat storage. Do you have a part number for the $95 storage you reference.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I'm wanting under seat storage. Do you have a part number for the $95 storage you reference.

No, I don't unfortunately. I would just contact the parts counter at your dealer to see if they can get it for you. I could be a little more if you're buying it as after the fact, I just know it's a $95 if your truck has it as an option from the factory.

MWLRam

Reaction score
No, I don't unfortunately. I would just contact the parts counter at your dealer to see if they can get it for you. I could be a little more if you're buying it as after the fact, I just know it's a $95 if your truck has it as an option from the factory.
Will investigate, thanks!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My truck is a 03/18 build. Purchased in 06/18.
Only issues I’ve had were AC not cooling, center console squeak, LED glovebox out, and brake squeal.
All were fixed on the same visit to the dealer about three months ago.

Have not had issues since. Would def purchase again. Love this truck.

Chris

Reaction score
Will investigate, thanks!
Not to dissuade you, but the factory underseat storage on my truck appears to be before and under the carpeting on the truck. As such, adding it in after-the-fact may be a much more expensive task than it appears.

That being said, I bet if you can wait another few months, the aftermarket will still to populate with much less expensive solutions to said storage as many fleet (base model) vehicles do not include it but I think they will decide they want it after the fact.

MWLRam

Reaction score
Not to dissuade you, but the factory underseat storage on my truck appears to be before and under the carpeting on the truck. As such, adding it in after-the-fact may be a much more expensive task than it appears.

That being said, I bet if you can wait another few months, the aftermarket will still to populate with much less expensive solutions to said storage as many fleet (base model) vehicles do not include it but I think they will decide they want it after the fact.

Agreed! I found that the front adjustable piece alone retails at $445. IMHO they down graded cab storage in the 19 model. I prefer the prior years design with under-seat storage compartments and fold forward for wide flat area.

Users who are viewing this thread