5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second thoughts on 2019 Ram

blownout1500

Reaction score
In love with mine. Zero issues so far. You’re in the same new model year boat with Chevy/GMC, so it’s really just new model Ram vs. the ‘mature’ F150 or Tundra. I was dead set on an F150 but forced myself to drive them all and was blown away by the Ram. Best truck available right now, IMHO.

Well... issue #1 has arrived: CarPlay just up and stopped working. Worked fine for a month and now nothing.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Well... issue #1 has arrived: CarPlay just up and stopped working. Worked fine for a month and now nothing.
Didn't iOS just update hours before your post to 12.0.1 ?? Maybe if you phone is set to auto update, it updated without you knowing and the glitch is from the update? Not saying it's for sure your problem, just trying to offer a possible variable.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Edit: when I googled it I saw stories from 18 hours ago about the Ios update. Upon further scrolling I also noticed articles from 6 days ago, so maybe my suggestion isnt a valid possible cause for you. ‍♂️

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

First suggestion..change the cable (even if it has been working)...everyone I've heard have a carplay problem on the forum or others have fixed it with a new Apple cable (not 3 party).. seems to be pretty finicky with cables.

bmoney5813

Reaction score
Ive had a couple of issues with mine to include a bad fuel pump from the factory and the whole radio had to be replaced due to faulty connections. I would however agree with some of the others that there is no other truck close to this one in terms of an overall truck. Yes there are bugs to work out, but my experience with the dealers and Ram corporate have been great. As others have said, buy the newest 2019 (build date), thoroughly inspect it before delivery and enjoy.

immersivenc

Reaction score
I've been hugely disappointed with my '19. I've put more miles on it going back and forth to the shop than I have driving it for other purposes. I know every brand has their lemons, I just feel as if the DT was rushed to market to beat everyone else and some of us are paying the price. I shouldn't have oil leaking out of drivetrain components at 1500 miles from an engine they've been making forever. Mine is hopefully an anomaly but the entire drivetrain has been dropped out and reassembled and I have no confidence left in this truck. Back to the shop on Wednesday to address more issues. I would definitely not choose this truck again - worst vehicle I've ever owned. My attorney is handling the rest. Just my experience. YMMV

blownout1500

Reaction score
First suggestion..change the cable (even if it has been working)...everyone I've heard have a carplay problem on the forum or others have fixed it with a new Apple cable (not 3 party).. seems to be pretty finicky with cables.

Nope. Tried 4 different cables (1 brand new). Tried multiple iPhones, tried updating iOS... nothing

Users who are viewing this thread