5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second hemi, second pickup, first hemi pickup

Rev Jim

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the information shared here! I used this site as a resource when I began researching what truck to buy, and ended up buying an all new 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn on Saturday. So far, so good, it's a very nice truck! The only downside so far is we cleaned up the garage (a good thing) and attempted to park the new RAM, along with a car and a Jeep. We finally got them all in there, but my wife could not get the door open, plus it takes 2 people to do (one driving and one directing). Those parking sensors were going crazy!

As mentioned, I did have a Hemi once before, but it was not a Chrysler. Yes, my first car was a 1956 Imperial with a 354 Hemi. A few years later I had a Chevy pickup back when pickups had 3-on-the-tree and rubber and metal interiors. The all-new RAM is actually as comfortable as the Imperial was. Looking forward to learning more from everyone here - thanks!!!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh, but actually the Imperial was a Chrysler Corporation vehicle. Just not FCA.

Rev Jim

Reaction score
Oh, but actually the Imperial was a Chrysler Corporation vehicle. Just not FCA.
From 1955-1983 Imperial was its own marque. Before and after those years it was Chrysler Imperial. Sort of like how Ram used to be a Dodge, but is now a marque of its own. My Ram may be made by FCA but I would not call my truck a Fiat truck or a Chrysler truck.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rev Jim, read again what I wrote. I did not say it was a Chrysler Imperial. I said it was a Chrysler Corporation vehicle. That 354 Hemi was made by Chrysler Corporation.

Chronology
Body and chassis
Overview
Imperial
Imperial Crown Convertible 1960.jpg
1960 Imperial Crown Convertible
ManufacturerChrysler
Production1955–1975
1981–1983
Classluxury car
LayoutFR layout
PredecessorChrysler Imperial

Imperial was the Chrysler Corporation's luxury automobile brand from 1955 to 1975, and again from 1981 to 1983.

Rev Jim

Reaction score
Rev Jim, read again what I wrote. I did not say it was a Chrysler Imperial. I said it was a Chrysler Corporation vehicle. That 354 Hemi was made by Chrysler Corporation.

Imperial
Overview
Body and chassis
Chronology
Imperial Crown Convertible 1960.jpg
1960 Imperial Crown Convertible
ManufacturerChrysler
Production1955–1975
1981–1983
Classluxury car
LayoutFR layout
PredecessorChrysler Imperial

Imperial was the Chrysler Corporation's luxury automobile brand from 1955 to 1975, and again from 1981 to 1983.

Dr - I hope you enjoy driving your Fiat Chrysler Automobiles pickup truck!

Users who are viewing this thread