5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second guessing order

Coral Grimes

Reaction score
I placed an order on Saturday for the vehicle in my signature. I'm super pumped up.

I had two questions going in -- (1) eTorque or not and (2) 22" wheels or not. The first question was answered by test driving an eTorque Rebel. Just didn't like the start/stop. I've never had it before and I'm sure I was really focused on it, but I just didn't like it. Not worth the 2mpg increase for me...

I did not get a chance to test drive or see the 22" wheels. Every picture I've seen shows lower profile tires, which I don't like. I'm just wondering whether I'm missing out on a nice feature...I guess I could go aftermarket...

Scooter01

Reaction score
Hey!

I recently traded a 2017 F150 KR for a new 2019 limited, I specifically did not want the start stop anymore. I hated it, especially when its hot outside and the AC stops.
I also did not want the 22 " wheels, I have them on my wife's Escalade and honestly there are not too many tire options for the 22" wheels.
What I do wish that I had is the larger fuel tank, it only comes with the longer box option though.
I really like my truck, no regrets. I do have an issue like many others here with the performance of the AC, I hop that will get improved wit h the first service.

Good Luck with your purchase :)

Coral Grimes

Reaction score
Hey!

I recently traded a 2017 F150 KR for a new 2019 limited, I specifically did not want the start stop anymore. I hated it, especially when its hot outside and the AC stops.
I also did not want the 22 " wheels, I have them on my wife's Escalade and honestly there are not too many tire options for the 22" wheels.
What I do wish that I had is the larger fuel tank, it only comes with the longer box option though.
I really like my truck, no regrets. I do have an issue like many others here with the performance of the AC, I hop that will get improved wit h the first service.

Good Luck with your purchase :)
Thanks buddy. I ordered the crew cab with the 5'7" box and was able to get the 33 gallon tank...

John813

Reaction score
Seems some buy the 22's to then flip them, but not sure if they break even/lose money on that option.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I placed an order on Saturday for the vehicle in my signature. I'm super pumped up.

I had two questions going in -- (1) eTorque or not and (2) 22" wheels or not. The first question was answered by test driving an eTorque Rebel. Just didn't like the start/stop. I've never had it before and I'm sure I was really focused on it, but I just didn't like it. Not worth the 2mpg increase for me...

I did not get a chance to test drive or see the 22" wheels. Every picture I've seen shows lower profile tires, which I don't like. I'm just wondering whether I'm missing out on a nice feature...I guess I could go aftermarket...
I like the 22in rims but hate the e-torque.

Ramjack

Reaction score

I like the choices you made.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Coral....Coral! Lol. That’s what I call my cat Carl. A fan I see.

The only thing about the 22” is that you won’t get the variety in tires that you would find in the more popular 20”. I’m sure 22” is also more expensive.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I am not a fan of 22's simply because fewer and more expensive tire options, also there is a button to tun off start stop...

warmachine

Reaction score
The Limited 20s are not an attractive looking wheel in pics or person imo. Good choice going without etorque tho

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with 22s because I liked the look better than the 20s I looked at on a different limited. I honestly hadn't considered cost or availability of other tires in the future. :) I also avoided the eTorque, for lots of reasons covered in many previous posts, lol. But summarized, I just personally didn't like the feel. Pretty much that simple. No need to second guess your order, you will love it. If you want to change wheels/tires in the future, you still can.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I called 1 week after placing my order and managed to get the FCA Manager to adjust my order to include the 22" wheels on my Limited.

Saw one on the road and changed my mind.

Reactions: Kaz
Reaction score

The non-etorque engine has the start stop system as well.

Users who are viewing this thread