5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seatbelt Chime Disabled also stops Auto Start/Stop

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that since Ive disabled my seatbelt chime. If I don’t have it on, the Auto Stop start is also disabled in my truck Anyone else noticed this?

Cajun_

Reaction score
yeah i also disabled mine. Stop start doesn't work if you arent buckled up. Sure beats hitting the stop start disable button every time i start the truck. Win Win in my book.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you disable the chime? A hack or by using one of the OBC devices or some other method?

Cajun_

Reaction score
How did you disable the chime? A hack or by using one of the OBC devices or some other method?
got to do the seatbelt and start button dance.

start with seatbelt on and truck off. press start button with foot off brake twice to run position, unbuckle and buckle your seatbelt 3 times. foot on brake and press start button then turn the truck off. That should do it. If it doesn't then I misremembered and you should go find a video on youtube. :ROFLMAO:

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
got to do the seatbelt and start button dance.

start with seatbelt on and truck off. press start button with foot off brake twice to run position, unbuckle and buckle your seatbelt 3 times. foot on brake and press start button then turn the truck off. That should do it. If it doesn't then I misremembered and you should go find a video on youtube. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks I'll give it a try!

tdager

Reaction score
Whelp I was going to do this but now learned (thank you!) that it disables Start/Stop. Call me weird but I like the feature and do not want to lose it.

41magmag41

Reaction score
What if you don't have the start stop function on the truck will it still shut the seat belt chime off

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
If you use the method described above (start button, buckle, unbuckle 3x, etc..) the seat belt chime is disabled, but the Start/Stop still functions (as long as the seatbelt is buckled). I disabled my chime almost as soon as I got the truck off the lot even though I always wear my seatbelt. Honestly, I never used to wear my seatbelt, but the auto start/stop feature on my RAM got me into the habit. I too enjoy the start/stop feature.

Cajun_

Reaction score
If you use the method described above (start button, buckle, unbuckle 3x, etc..) the seat belt chime is disabled, but the Start/Stop still functions (as long as the seatbelt is buckled). I disabled my chime almost as soon as I got the truck off the lot even though I always wear my seatbelt. Honestly, I never used to wear my seatbelt, but the auto start/stop feature on my RAM got me into the habit. I too enjoy the start/stop feature.
same but it I don't like the truck dinging me when I'm driving around the property.

Users who are viewing this thread