5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat wear on 2019 Rebel

ServoFides35

Reaction score
Mine is in at the dealer right now for this. It was covered under the 3yr/36k warranty. The Service Manager knew right away it wasn't from wear and tear, he called it delamination. When he said that it reminded of a thread I read on here about delaminating leather on the steering wheel. So I mentioned that. Steering wheel ended up getting covered as well. The steering wheels are on backorder though so that will be a while before its fixed. Overall it sucks this is happening but glad that the dealer didn't try to blame it on normal wear and tear. Hopefully the new seat cover and steering wheel will hold up longer than 20k miles.?.?

Chevy27boy

Reaction score
Well fingers crossed just dropped my truck off for the seat wear on the seam .and also the mat recall on the driver side thats suppose to have been took out of the system last time I went to them . Smh see what happens because I told the service manager about this is something common with the seat and he told me it's not but the crazy thing is that I see alot of people have this problem and also the warranty person told me it's covered 🤔. Hate the ram dealership I go too.

Tcogs

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 2019 rebel. Cheap seats for the price tag of that truck. I can tell you it's not a weight issue. I'm 5'8" 160lbs. I've had 2010, 2015, and now 2019 ram 1500s. In all seat materials. Never seen anything wear and rip so quick on a vehicle. Ill contact my dealership Monday to see what options I have.

Users who are viewing this thread