5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat cushion

Casull

Reaction score
My problem is that my wife doesn't like riding in my Ram. She says the edges of the bucket seat presses against her legs and hurts. I'd really like to take my truck on an upcoming 900 mile road trip, but if I can't address this issue, I'll have to take her car. Has anybody dealt with this issue and found a suitable solution? I'm thinking some kind of foam or jell cushion that would "raise" the center of the seat to the same height as the side bolsters. Any ideas?

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
that's what you need bought one in Walmart for $27 did the trick

Casull

Reaction score
Thanks. Was there a particular brand or size that worked for you?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I'm not trying to break b@lls here but is your wife a little on the bigger side? I am a hefty guy and I find that the seat edge or bolsters kinda feels a little uncomfortable too. When I get in the seat I need to kinda lift up and reposition myself to get into the comfortable butt position

StickVA

Reaction score
I know your problem is width but I also found a problem with tilt. I found adding these made the seat a lot more comfortable for me. I can now get support under my knees and helps with the back. It may help with your misses as well. Just a thought.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My problem is that my wife doesn't like riding in my Ram. She says the edges of the bucket seat presses against her legs and hurts. I'd really like to take my truck on an upcoming 900 mile road trip, but if I can't address this issue, I'll have to take her car. Has anybody dealt with this issue and found a suitable solution? I'm thinking some kind of foam or jell cushion that would "raise" the center of the seat to the same height as the side bolsters. Any ideas?
Which seats do you have? Is it a Rebel, with more bolstering? The leather seats in my Laramies and Limiteds, are the most comfortable seats I have ever ridden in, including my Cadillacs. My Durango R/T on the other hand is not nearly as comfortable due to the sporty bolstered seats. My girlfriend and I are both of the larger variety, if that matters.

Casull

Reaction score
Thanks all. The truck is a Bighorn with the upgraded fabric seats. Don't know if that answers the question. But, I'm 6' and 215 (not particularly big, but not small either) and I notice the bolsters press into the sides of my legs as well. Not too bothersome, but I can't say they're the most comfortable I've ever had either.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks all. The truck is a Bighorn with the upgraded fabric seats. Don't know if that answers the question. But, I'm 6' and 215 (not particularly big, but not small either) and I notice the bolsters press into the sides of my legs as well. Not too bothersome, but I can't say they're the most comfortable I've ever had either.
I haven't had cloth since one of my 4th gens. I think the leather may be more comfortable, it has better foam. Like I said my Ram I totaled had the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I have ever been in. It was the vehicle used for all trips. We miss that comfort with the Durango, and she wants me to get another Ram. Maybe 24 it they get their act together. I'm not ordering this late in the year, to have a year old truck in a month.

Users who are viewing this thread